Status: This story lost steam sorry guys. If I ever get inspired for it again I'll try to update but don't get your hopes up.

Jamila of the Nile

Chapter One

I woke up shivering and looked up at the open sky. I noticed that I was moving and I wasn't exactly wearing traveling clothes. I thought back to earlier tonight and a fuzzy picture of my father shoving me into clothes and onto a wagon. I had to have been half sleep when I was moved. My heart started to pound.I started crying. Where am I? Why did Papa put me here? I never travel any where with out my sisters. This isn't Papa's wagon! I've never seen these things in my life! Where am I? Where am I? Why am I here? I didn't know what to do I felt so helpless.

The wagon went over a bump and I was almost thrown out the back. I screamed and heard gruffy laughter drift to me from the drivers seat, "'Orry, 'bout tha' little one. Didn't men tuh wake yuh."

I started to shiver uncontrollably from the cold and my sobs. At tear drop landed on my chest making me feel the cold even more. That's when I noticed what I was wearing. My top was a brazier with red and gold sequence on it that sparkled in the little light that came from a lantern that led the way of the wagon. My skirt could hardly be called that with the splits up the side. The skirt was made of a thin red see through cloth. The undergarments that I could see through the skirt had gold sequence on them. I noticed they didn't look like anything my sisters wore.

Tears were still streaming down my face but now I was starting to feel less helpless and more angry. I was already starting to think of escape routes, But before I make any stupid moves better question the kidnapper. "Excuse me sir, but may I ask where you are taking me and why?"

"Yuh on a wagon to 'Gypt. Papa sold yuh to the pharoh and no er a present for his son's birthday."

S-sold? I felt as if someone had thrown cold water on me, Sold like a piece of cattle? More tears started streaming down my face, Why Papa? Was I too pretty? Was I too famous? Mia? I thought about my eldest sister/step mother. Mia why? I didn't mean to be Papa's favorite. Mia... The helplessness came back.

I thought about why I was here. My father owns a brothel and I was one of the dancers there. My older sister the middle child, Rahmah, told me they all loved me the most and that Mia was getting jealous but I never thought it would end up like this. I covered my face as the sobs got worse. How could I stop it? Papa's motto was always customers come first and the customers always wanted to see me. What's going to happen to me now? I thought looking up at the sky.

When the sky didn't answer my sobbing I curled into a little ball and continued to cry. I was fourteen and I knew this was going to be the end of the world as I knew it. Another bump but this time I didn't scream I just sobbed.