Status: This story lost steam sorry guys. If I ever get inspired for it again I'll try to update but don't get your hopes up.

Jamila of the Nile

Chapter Five

The prince smirked at his new toy. She shook like a leaf in the wind. He noticed her hands and wrists were wrapped, "What happened to your wrists?"

Jamila didn't respond. When he took a step towards her she took a step back away from him. Jamila took another step away from him and fell onto the bed. He followed her onto the bed. Jamila shook her head and pushed him away. The prince took one of her bandaged hands and kissed the back. Jamila looked to him with bright eyes speckled with tears.

"You've been through a lot." He said softly. She looked into his eyes and he noticed the blankness, "You don't understand what I'm saying do you?" Jamila blinked back and tears started streaming out of her eyes as she snatched her hand back, "I'm not going to do anything to you tonight. Are you hungry?" The prince snapped and fruits were brought in by another slave girl. Jamila's eyes went wide as if she didn't know what to expect from him, "Here, they test it for poison before feeding me I guess you'd expect the same for you." He picked up the bowl of grapes and took one into his mouth, "It's good see?"

He held it out to Jamila. She stared at it for a bit before taking one and putting it in her mouth, "See?" She took another and lifted her knees to her chest, "Jamila," The prince looked at her judging her response. She got wide eyed looking at him, "Prince Raheem, try saying that." She didn't understand to he attempted pantomiming it, "You say it, Prince Raheem."

"Puh" She started, "Puh"

"Prrrince Rah-heeeem,"

"Preeh....prehhh..."She attempted. The Prince didn't hold back his laughter. Jamila looked away emberrassed.

"You sound like an infant!" The Prince almost shrieked in delight. She picked more grapes and put them in her mouth, "Aw don't pout. C'mon try it again."

Jamila pointed at herself. The prince nodded. She swallowed before answering, "Juhhhhmeeeluhh,"

"Jamila," the Prince said and she shook her head.

"Juhhhmeeeluhh."

"Jameeeluh."

Jamila covered her mouth as she stifled a snicker. They practiced each other's names for hours and the tension between them relaxed so much that Jamila laid down as she practiced, "Priiince Rahim."

"Jimeeeluhhh." He said laying down next to her. They ran out of grapes so the prince reached out and got the peanuts.

"Prince Raheem." She said clearly making his heart pound.

"That's it!" He exclaimed sitting up.

"Prince Raheem?" She asked sitting up.

"Prince Raheem." He nodded.

She nodded and then patted him as if she didn't have his attentiion to begin with, "Juhmeeluh."

"Jamela." He repeated after her and she smiled brightly and clapping. The prince leaned in closer to her and this time she didn't move away. He kissed her softly on the lips. She didn't know how to respond and it was obvious. He laughed softly at her pulling away, "I'll call Anise to come and get you so you can go to bed."

The prince stood and went to the door to tell the guards to call Anise back up to his chamber. When Anise got to his chamber the prince was trying to get Jamila to pronounce Peanut correctly .

"You sent for me Prince?"

"I felt bad about sending Jamila to her room with one of the brutes so I wanted you to take her."

"As you wish." Anise replied bowing in salute. "Jamila come now." Anise held out her hand.

Jamila obediently rose and was about to go to Anise when the Prince grabbed her wrist and put the bowl of peanuts in her hands, "Peeeeenut"

"Puuhh," Jamila practiced and then shook her head, "Prince Raheem." The prince accepted that as her goodbye.

He smiled in return and dropped her wrist. Jamila took that as her dismissal and took the bowl with her to Anise's side and they left down the corridor.