Status: Complete

Rainy Nights

One Shot

Something as simple as going to the park can be refreshing. Even going to the park on a rainy night can be just as beautiful as the warm sun grazing your skin, while a gentle breeze embraces you. Sitting on the swing set on a rainy night calmed me from the reality I did not want to acknowledge.

Dark clouds replaced the black night sky. The moon could not be seen from anywhere. Its luminescence touched nothing. Only the street light glowed dimly from the top of their posts, barely reaching the wet pavement. The grass became the waves of the ocean as the wind swept across its floors. The empty swing sets hauntingly swung back and forth like the pendulum of a metronome. Leaves danced among the wind as if a silent waltz took place.

The wind whistled through the swaying trees while the percussive rhythm of the rain beat against the ground. Sporadically, the wind howled like the wolves howl to the moon. The waltz, no longer silent, sent chills up my spine.

The chain of the swing set felt like ice against my warm skin. The wolf-like wind kissed my face roughly and tangled my hair in its maw. The light rain sprinkled down upon my head and shoulders making my clothes wet with the clouds tears. I doused myself in the beauty of it all.