The Tale of The Queen of Hearts

The Wind Whistles

Do you recall her ways? I try not to, but I still do, Mary.

All cold wet winds blew over the heather as Mary threw flat rocks over the edge of the neatly grown hedge, curling down the plowshare to pick yet another stone from the dry mother dust. Her breasts pressing smoothly to the wood of the fence every time she got up, all her naive cruelty packed in between a dull smile and pale blue eyes. And I knew that she loved you, she looked at you the same way I did, and I do. You thought I was lying, but why would I have given up trying so soon?

You also knew she was lying to my face, and she was still surprised to find truth in all of my lies, blinking softly with her silly dollish eyes to each and every word I dared pronounce, like I had god’s word, and Jesus reasons to try and fix her.

I was no Jesus, I didn’t even believe in him, and I still don’t, but he seemed like a damn nice guy, from time to time I sing a tune that goes on about him and feel good for a tad bit second, then I recall I don’t buy that shit.

But that afternoon I was Jesus to Mary, and she fell in love upon my adoring face I know she did, she’ll never say it, even If I’d ever get to linger on her pale blue eyes again. I knew so as I swung my legs to your careless whistle over that old oak.

But you chose to write “Jimmy and Mary for forever” in a rock that you picked on your way up, and that perfect moment, I nearly ruined it, by saying ‘I love you’ and nearly meaning it, but you know I’d never waste such words upon your ears, not if you would still throw that flat rock with the silly corny phrase upon it. Still I nearly ruined the precious golden instant, by saying “I love you” and nearly meaning it.

But there was no need to play with my heart, no need at all to play with my heart. But weren’t you born to be the one shuffling the cards? My heart was at sake from the second I played you a match, still I never thought you expected this. You were no one for the Queen of hearts.

Things didn’t start quite so dandy though, it was her who we saved from the claws of her own sad smile trap.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is already finished up and all, but comments would be so lovely