Friends

Friends?

The sun finally decided to wake up. It rose up slowly to the dark sky, ready to do its job. While on the other side, was the moon. The moon yawned, it tired. It almost fell asleep last night, but it must do its job. It gave the sun a small smile, and then, the moon just disappeared from our sight. The sun finally up in the sky.

The sun looked so bright, cheered up everybody’s mood. It gave everybody who looked up to it, a smile, and happiness inside their heart. It gave everybody a warm shine to remain the cheery and shiny day.

Every child was playing. They played hide-and-seek, see-saw, and much more. Their parents decided to just leave in the park because of the moody day. There isn’t any sign of wind, nor rain, nor storm. It was a perfect day for all of them.

But that day wasn’t interesting at all for someone, for a little fairy. It was just a boring day that full of laughing children and laughing parents that play on the park happily.

The little fairy sat beside a big tree. Well, the tree was big for her; it wasn’t that big for the humans, that laughing that day. She lent her tiny body on the tree and looked up to the sky, looked up to the sun. The knitted her eyebrows when her eye made a contact with the sun. She then looked away from it very quickly.

“Why all of them must be happy today?” She whispered to herself. “It isn’t fair! I don’t have any family.”

She sadly looks at the dry green grass that she has been sat. It was dry. It wasn’t like any other days, when the green grass always been wet. She missed the sensation of the water that touched her tiny body. She missed the sensation of the cold but fresh water droplet from the tree. She missed all the fun she had.
Then a hand touched her shoulder gently. She looked to who the hand belong to. It’s 0ne of her fairy friends. Her fairy friends then sat down next to her.

“What are you doing here, Lucy?” She asked her fairy friend.

But there wasn’t any answer from her friend. Her friend just sat there with her knees close to her chest, and she was hugging it tightly. By that, she knew her friend was sad. So she decided to leave her for a minute and came back with a surprise.

The little fairy, who happened to be named ‘Lucy’, sighed again and brought her knees more closer to her face. She was so sad. She was mad, sad and … not happy. She couldn’t find her usual smile. “See? Everybody chose to leave me. I’m not good to them. What did I do wrong? I don’t see any problem with me.” She stated.

She started to let out a sob, and a tear slide down her beauty cheek. And then, she came into an uncomfortable cry. She was crying, she’s crying for her life, because of her life. She thought her life wasn’t perfect enough for her. She didn’t have any family, or friends, that have made her sad.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” someone asked. Lucy turned her tiny head around. Her lips finally drew a small smile, when she saw who was asking.

--

Her lips finally drew the biggest smile that she ever had. She was smiling so big, her friends knew her face would be divided by two in any minutes. But her friends didn’t care, they were too happy to care for it. They were all happy.

They were swirling and laughing in the windy air in the park. They were playing, so much fun. Lucy even cried because of her happiness. They were all running freely in the dry green grass. They were happy.

Sandra, the weather fairy, granted Lucy’s wish. Mika-Lucy’s friend, that approached her earlier-called her, because she didn’t like to see Lucy so sad. So, Mika and Sandra came into Lucy, and Lucy made a wish. The wish was simple, “I wish I was happy.”

But you know that, Sandra was a weather fairy, not an emotion fairy. So, Sandra just made the sunny, happy day, into the windy day. Just like Lucy’s favorite. Yes, the windy day always Lucy’s favorite. Because, she was born on a windy day.

She hates summer. She hates happy days, because that’s where her parents died. Her parents died on the normal and happy day, just like summer. That’s why, when today is a happy day, she would sits above a tree, brought her knees close, and then cried of her lost.

But she didn’t care right now. She didn’t even remember if she doesn’t have any family left. She didn’t care. She was happy, and she enjoyed it. She wants to remember what happened that day. When she danced around with her friends on a windy day. Friends.

And she knew that, she would never forget that moment. Because that moment, is the best moment on her live.

--

The time had stopped; they all lent into the green grass and looked up to the black sky. They three still had their smile on their faces. They are still happy. Lucy sighed happily as she turned her face to her right side, to meet Mika’s face. She then approached her and then hugged her tightly. Mika knew what was going on. Mika smiled happily, and hugged her friend back.

“Thank you.” She said shyly.

“It’s no problem, and I know that, you’ll never again suffer from the loneliness. Remember, you can always tell me stories, you can hug me if you want, we can find some way out of your problems. I’m here, as your friend.” Mika stated, while Lucy just nod her head against Mika’s shoulder.

“Thank you for being my friend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's inspired by the picture above.