Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Welcome Back To Baltimore

Image

“My goodness! Nickins! You’re here!” My mom squealed like crazy when I came into the living room where she was in, she ran to me and engulfed me with a tight hug. “Oh my God, for finally I can see my lovely daughter” she lit up her head and pinched my chin. I chuckled at her as I tightened my hug to her.

“I missed you. So much, mommy” I kissed her cheek

“Me too, baby. Oh my, why didn’t you tell me your arrival here? I could pick you up” she glanced over my shoulder finding Jack and..

Yeah, Caleb. He’s joining us.

“Three of you” my mom added. “Oh my lovely son,” my mom pulled me away and approached the boys. I laughed at Jack because my mom chose to hug Caleb instead of him. “My lovely son-in-law” she whispered kissing Caleb on the cheek.

“Mom!” Jack protested making mom turned her heels and chuckled at him.

“And of course my amazing son, Jack Bassam.. baby…” she leaned on Jack and giving his lanky figure a tight hug “I missed you, baby” she kissed Jack’s cheeks, forehead, and lips.

“Mom! I’m not seven anymore, don’t kiss me like that…” Jack muttered but mom seemed don’t care about him. After she pulled away from Jack, she motioned our butler to lift our luggage and she invited us to the dinner. Well, she’s so glad that she wouldn’t get another lone dinner again.

Oh my, I missed my homemade food. I chose the dining chair right next to my mom as I expected Jack would sit next to me but no, he’s sitting next to mom as well, and he’s right in front of me. Caleb chose the chair next to me and unexpectedly kissed my forehead after he whispered me something sweet.

“Oh I’m glad, you both still together. Have you been fun?” She started when she sipped her wine.

“Well.. yeah.. pretty much” Caleb nodded “Right sweetheart?” he kissed my beginning jaw gently. I groaned inside of me and bit my inside of cheek trying to stop my anger over him and his lame act.

“Uh-huh” I shrugged and smiled weakly

“Oh good Lord, you both make a really cute couple. I’m very glad” my mom smiled in awe while I spotted Jack ignored us. He seemed a bit jealous with me because well, it’s not lies that mom pampered me more than Jack.

“So then, guys! How about my wish??” my mom started again as she sipped her soup. Wish? What wish?

“Well, what is it Mrs. Barakat?” Caleb was also puzzled as he started to munched his meal.

“Oh please, you still dare to call me that after I’m practically your mother too??” my mom giggled. “Just mom, like these angels do, okay, Caleb?”

“Uh.. okay. Mom.” he smiled crookedly “And so what’s it, mom?” he emphasized the word every time he said ‘mom’

My mom chuckled again and sipped her red wine, “Of course, grandchild! Me and Tess have been craving for babies. Have you tried to.. well you know..?” she giggled again.

Oh my fucking God. I couldn’t believe that my MOM! My MOM brought the conversation about babies in that dinner! Shit! I wish I were invisible. Seriously, what the fuck! Not that I disgraced my mom, but HELLO! We just arrived in Baltimore like 2 hours ago and she suddenly brought that awkward thing?

I dropped my jaw and covered my mouth. I heard Jack cleared his throat while Caleb stifled his nervous laugh. The atmosphere was so silent between us. I stared at my mom with my unbelievable look.

“Mom..” I protested quietly but my mom seemed not buying my protest. I saw Jack had those uneasy look on his orbs.

“Well mom,” Caleb cleared his throat and in sudden, I glanced to him. “We.. we.. w-we have tried our best, uhmm.. well… we think, it’s not a fine idea to.. uhm to have babies in our age. Yea..” he explained with a tensed look. I could see he clenched his jaw and swallowed hard.

“Why not, Caleb? Isn’t it a great idea?”

“Errr.. yeah, it is. But, you know.. I’m in the band and mostly I’ll be on stage. It’s just inappropriate and unnecessary to me to just leave my wife and my baby in the home while.. uhmm. I’m busy with the tour..”

“Oh.. I know, but I’m sure she’ll be alright at home with the baby as she’s waiting you come home. There’s so many rockstar who’s in the same situation with you, isn’t it?”

AS IN I’VE ALREADY GOT BABY! I could scream my lungs out to them. I know, I was pregnant, but it’s not like I’d be still with him once the baby came to world. Remember? I was breaking up with Caleb Turman!

“Uh..” Caleb looked like he tried to defend himself and me but it failed.

“Well.. just try for me, guys. Don’t worry, I don’t bite babies” she giggled maniacally and continued her meal. I bit my lip and threw my napkin on the table.

“I’m finished” I said stood up from the dining chair. I didn’t want to be involved with the further conversation about baby. It killed me. So I made my way to my bedroom where I could finally relax.

I let out my exhausted exhale. What a night. We just arrived two hours ago at 8 PM, and then my mom didn’t understand about my exhaustion. I was too tired to talk about the thing called baby. Oh please.

I laid on my bed and like five minutes later, I found Caleb was with me with his hard look. He walked to the bed which I didn’t expect to, I didn’t want to be any nearer with me.

He plopped down on the bed supporting his back with his both arms. “I’m sorry about that…” he started

I was still silent and snuggled on my pillow as I moved a bit.

“Well, just to straighten everything up about my words there…” he stared at me with his beautiful eyes. “It’s not like I don’t want to have babies with you” he said and it quite poked me to get up. So I got up and stared him back with my question look.

“W-what doest that supposed to mean?”

He swallowed hard and chuckled nervously as he cleared his throat trying not to be looked nervous.

“I uhm.. uhmm.. err.. uhh.. I do want to have babies from you?” he replied innocently

“What! No!!” I shrieked. “No way, Turman” I groaned in frustration and got up from the bed. “You don’t want it, you’re just drunk. You can’t handle your words”

“What’s on the hell you always call me that I’m drunk! I’m not drunk, Nichole Penelope. I’m fucking sober right now!” his tone was heighten as he clenched his jaw tightly

“No, you’re not. I know, you’re totally wasted now. Now, get out from my room, just sober up yourself”

With that he then roughly took my hand and he wrapped my face so I could watch him straight. “Look at me. Am I drunk??! I’m sober!” he yelled out. “I know, you always call me drunk because you don’t trust me that I really love you, Nicky. Because all you know that I’m player, I whored myself out at girls, I slept with girls and blablabla. But not today, Nicky, I’ve changed, I finally realized that I have to stop that, and I do love you really much, and I meant it! I meant it every single word I’ve told you. I love you. I want to have babies with you! I meant it for God’s sake!”

He stared at me and all I know was my eyes grew watery I didn’t know why. He said that with such honesty in his tone, but I was still sure he’s drunk. Okay, he’s not, I’m pathetic I just couldn’t let him get me.

Because?

Because I didn’t love him! For fuck’s sake!

I pulled away from him and strode toward my door, “I’m out of from here” and I slammed the door after I heard the loud frustration sigh from Caleb.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
UOHH.. drama.. lol.. haha