I Left You Bound and Tied With Suicidal Memories

Chapter 017

[[Brian's POV]]

It's my fault. Both Jimmy and that woman in the hospital, I thought.

Just then, one of the doors opened. I quickly stood up from sitting on the floor - back against the wall - and dashed towards the doctor. "How is she?" I asked as soon as everyone gathered around me.

Well, everyone except for Zacky and Victoria who just sat down - whispering sweet nothing to each other.

The doctor nodded his head. "We managed to get the bullet out of her body -"

"Uhm, excuse me?" someone cleared his throat. All of us turned to see two guys wearing suits standing by the door.

"Yeah?" Matt asked.

"I'm Detective Bolton and this is my partner Detective Spoons. Can we ask you a few questions regarding your friends in the ER?" one who was about 6'5 with blonde spiked hair asked.

We nodded their head. I felt myself gulping. Why are the cops involved? If they find out what we did to the woman, I'm doomed.

"We need to know - how exactly did she get shot?" Detective Bolton's partner - a guy who was about 5'7 with black boyish hair - looked at us. I looked at the others for an answer.

"I think I can explain," SugarPill said as she took a step forward.

Detective Spoons nodded his head. "If you will, I only need to borrow a couple of minutes." and all three of them went out of the room.

"Is she okay?" Johnny asked as we went closer to the doctor.

He seemed a little scared to be around us. It could be due to the fact that all of us had tattoos.

The doctor cleared his throat. "There is a fifty percent chance that she would suffer from temporary amnesia. She seem to be in a really bad shape. Cigarette burns were found in the back of her body, a few bruises around her body shows us that she had been tortured."

I looked down at the ground, guilty and regretful.

"You are her friends, right?" the doctor asked.

"Yeah," Johnny nodded his head.

"I will need you to do the paperwork since there is no family that we can contact," the doctor said.

Just before the doctor walked away, i reached out and held his shoulder. "Wait. No family?" I repeated.

The doctor shrugged. "From the record that we have on her, her mom is dead. And her dad - He refused to acknowledge her." The doctor took out his glasses, wiping the frame with his white coat. "Aren't you her friends to know something like this?" he started to be suspicious.

"She doesn't tell us her problems," Mara quickly say. The doctor nodded his head and left the room.

"I better go," I heard Zacky say.

"Why?" Matt asked, as he spun around to face Zacky.

"The fucking cops are here. I don't want to get involved in anything," Zacky pointed outside the door, glaring at Matt.

"Even if you don't care about Tracy. You have to at least be concerned for James!" Matt retorted, as he glared even more towards Zacky. There was a moment of silence as they continued glaring at each other.

"I say we leave, baby," Victoria said, snaking her arms around Zacky.

All of us turned to look at her in disbelief. She just smirked as she took Zacky's hand, leading him out of the door. "Yeah. I'm out," Zacky hissed and they were out the door.

I stared at the door where Zacky and Victoria had just left. "I can't believe it. What an ass," Mara mumbled.

I had my back against the wall again and slid down to sit. The woman doesn't have a family, I kept thinking.

And the worse part is, Jimmy is still not out.

::::

[Brian's POV]

I looked at the clock by the wall as the time kept ticking. I was practicing my breathing exercises, balling my fist and un-balling it - anything to keep my temper from flaring.

Jimmy is taking too long in there. If no result is out in a minute, I might blow my top. My eyes moved from Matt and Poison and then to Mara and Johnny.

Matt had his arms around Poison as she rested her head on his right shoulder. Mara was sitting on Johnny's lap, her head resting on his chest as he was holding onto her really tightly.

I felt my heart ache. Two couples. In front of me. How did the guys manage to find their girls without the girls breaking their trust?

My mind wandered to my dark past as I remembered myself hanging out with Bella one day in the hotel somewhere in Texas.

We were lying down underneath the sheets, my arm around her. We weren't talking like we usually would after sex. No, this was a quiet scene. I didn't quite get it because it was usually Bella who would initiate on the conversation.

I tried talking. But she was lost in time. I could tell that even the sex was different. I was about to kiss her forehead when she slipped out of bed, saying she needed the bathroom.

While waiting for her, i heard the vibration from her cellphone. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. Who would want to give her a text message in the middle of the night?

Curiosity got the best of me when I took her cellphone and saw the name: Cody.

I tried to recall any one of our friends named Cody but it was to no success. The more I scrolled the messages down, the more I realized that she had gotten a lot of texts from this Cody guy. It was then i felt the sudden urge to read one of her text message.

I guess curiosity really did kill the cat when I saw a really intimate text from him. And I daresay, he even asked her when she is going to leave me. I was starting to see red when I heard the sound of water running. I quickly put the phone aside and pretended that nothing had happened.

She came out of the bathroom and crawled up to me. "Would you love any other man?" I blurted out.

She looked at me weirdly. Usually, it would take her a nano-second to answer me a reassuring no. This time, she actually stared into my eyes for one whole minute before quickly looking away and said, "Of course not."

"How would I know that when I'm on a tour?" I asked again.

She started to get a little shaky. "Because you know me. Because I - " she paused, "love you."

Maybe I was naive but I didn't think of this Cody guy to be a threat as I believed every single word she said.


"How is he, doc?" I heard someone, her tone full of concern and I snapped out of my reverie. I looked up to see everyone crowding the doctor.

"He's going to be okay. The bruises are really bad - he needed stitches. Other than that, he's fine. However, a little more beatings, he could end up in a wheelchair," I heard the doctor say.

I didn't bothered to stand up or move. I was feeling a little weak from everything - especially after remembering my past with Bella.

"He can still play the drums, right?" Matt asked and when Poison slapped his arm, he quickly added, "I am asking for his sake. You know he would want to know the same thing."

"Can I see him?" Sugar interrupted, her face full of concern.

"No more than two guests at a time," the doctor told us and left.

"So who wants to go and see him first?" Mara asked, looking around.

She looked down at me, but all I did was to bury my head un between my knees - still not bothering to stand or move.

"Don't you want to go see him, Brian?" Mara asked.

"Why don't the both of us go see him together?" I could hear Matt ask Poison. I kept quiet, starting to feel a little angry.

"Brian?" Poison called out.

"I said, I'll go see him later, alright?!" I snapped as I stood up, causing them to take a step back in fright.

I huffed in anger as I stomped out of the door - just to be away from everyone for now.

Anywhere but here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... comments are appreciated!