I Left You Bound and Tied With Suicidal Memories

Chapter 035

Back before secrets were out

[Jimmy's P.O.V]

We were all walking out the building when I could've sworn I saw a figure that looked like her.

"Sugar," I tried to call out but it sounded more like a mumble.

I shook my head before deciding to run after her.

"Sugar!" I called out, louder this time.

For a split second, I swear I saw her turn to look at me before she tried running away. I felt myself frowning.

Why was she running away from me?

"Sugar, wait! Please," I felt my heart break with every word I spoke. I was starting to lose her and I didn't want that.

"Sugar!" I called out only this time, I ran as fast as I could to catch up with her.

Why are you running away? Don't you love me anymore?

I heard a loud honk and when I turned around, I saw a flash of bright light coming right at me. My heart stopped for a minute and my eyes widened. There wasn't any time to move so the vehicle collided onto me and I felt myself being thrown up into the sky.

I landed with a loud thud, feeling a few bones crack. I wanted to scream in pain and I tried to move my arms but it was of no use. I moved my head as I faced the dark sky above me.

I could feel the warm iron taste in my mouth.

"Oh my god!" I could hear a few people freaking out.

Sugar and I had just gotten a house I had bought in New Jersey a few winter's back.

We were cuddling in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocolate -- well, Sugar was anyway. I was having a glass of Johnny Walker's -- not so drunk yet.

A sharp pain started to poke at the side of my stomach and I stiffened a little. I didn't groan or make any uncomfortable noise for Sugar's sake.

"Can you try not to drink too much?" I had no idea how she could've known.

I looked at her with an odd expression, feeling a little defensive. "Haven't we been through this already? I drink a lot. If you can't -"

"I know," Sugar interrupted and I gave her the look. It was the look that urges her to tell me the truth and nothing but the truth. She took a deep breath before adding, "It's just that -- you know exactly how my dad had died."

I thought about it.

Sugar's dad was an alcoholic and his cause of death was liver damage or something. I shook my head with a smile and pulled her closer to me.

"Nothing like that's going to happen to me," I tried to assure her.

The pain was gone by the side of my stomach was gone then.

"Just promise me you won't drink too much, okay?" Sugar pulled away and gave me her puppy look.

I nodded my head though deep inside, I didn't know if I was able to keep my promise.

Alcohol had always been a huge part of my life -- and I didn't want to throw that away. It made me the man that I am today. But at the same time, Sugar is a huge part of my life too -- I didn't want to throw that away either.

So I decided to try.

"Thank you," Sugar whispered as she cuddled into my arms inside the blanket.

Somehow, I wanted something in return.

"You have to promise never to leave me," I mumbled.

Now it was her turn to look at me with an odd expression.

"I cannot live my life without you, Abygail." I explained causing her to stiffen for a moment after hearing her name.

I don't usually call her by her real name unless I was being dead serious.

"Why would I leave you?" she asked

"Because I'm not so cool when I'm sober," I admitted, making her chuckle.

I glared at her a little and saw her purse her lips -- trying not to laugh. I crossed my arms and glared into the fire by the fireplace. Here I was being serious and there she is, making fun of me.

I felt her hands snake themselves around my waist as she positioned herself to sit on my lap. She put one of her hands under my chin and made me face her as she softly kissed me on my lips.

"You have to start being confident of yourself, Jimmy. Do you remember the first time we met?" I shook my head pretending not to.

She just smiled and continued, "I was shopping for a present for my friend while you were in the mall because Poison forced you to go shopping with her. At that point of time, you were sober. You were so adorable -- being shy and all that in front of me."

I couldn't help but to smile as I went into a reverie.

She was right.

I was so shy to talk to her. Poison ended up being the one who had gotten me Sugar's digits.

She started giving small kisses on my lips, looked at me in the eyes and promised me, "I will never ever leave you."


"Mister, are you okay?" Voices snapped me out of my reverie. "Don't move. Ambulance is on it's way!"

I wanted to stand and continue running after Sugare but things around me were starting to blur.

You broke your promise, Sugar. It looks like I'm going to have to break mine.

The darkness and the cold took over me soon after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Re-editing the chapters to suit to the terms of Mibba. (:
Comments are appreciated!