Status: complete :)

Set on False Pretense

16

"Do you want to put it on?" I asked him, butterflies churning in my stomach. He smiled softly and nodded.
"Sure," he said softly. He looked down and opened the case. I saw he was about to lift the disc out, but then he froze and I bit my lip in anticipation. I had been waiting for and planning this moment for what seemed like months. It had to go right, it had to be perfect. I watched Will's face as he stared down at the CD case, his lips slightly parted. His CD was in there, but around the middle plastic circle of the box, was a gold band. He looked back up at me and I gazed into his eyes intently. I wanted him to know I was sure about what I was doing, that I loved him and I wanted to do this. "Chad..." he whispered, his eyes tearing up. I felt my heart racing and I smiled at him. I took a breath and then slid off the sofa and knelt in front of him. I took the ring off the disc and held it between my forefinger and thumb. My heart was racing as I spoke but nothing in the world would stop me from doing this.
"Will Adams, I love you so much," I said and my heart was racing in my chest. "I've been in love with you since the second I saw you at school. I want to take care of you, and spend the rest of my life with you. As cliché as it is to propose on our anniversary...will you marry me?" I gazed into Will's eyes and saw him smiling softly.
"I like clichés," he whispered, a smile on his lips and I got my answer. I leant forward and kissed him passionately. I took his left hand and pushed the gold band onto his finger. "I'm going to marry you," he whispered as he looked down at me and ran his hand through my hair. My heart flipped hearing him say that.
"Yes you are," I smiled and he grinned.
"I love you so much," he whispered and before I could reply, he was kissing me deeply and pulling me up and over him. I pulled away and pecked his lips again softly. I saw him pouting because I pulled away but I just smiled. I picked up his CD and put it in the stereo and let Will's smooth voice fill the room. I picked up my champagne flute again and Will did the same.
"To you," I said as I sat next to him again and he frowned slightly.
"To us," he corrected. "To 3 amazing years together. And to every year to come." I grinned and sipped the bubbling liquid.
"You're much better at the words than I am," I smiled and Will grinned.
"Songwriter, duh," he laughed and I laughed as well. "But I wouldn’t have changed your words for anything," he whispered as he stroked my cheek. I smiled at him and we listened to his songs flow from the stereo.
"Can I hear your song?" I whispered. Listening to Will play to me was one of the best feelings in the world. He smiled and nodded. He took my hand and took me into the music room. Instead of going to his guitar as he normally would, he went and sat at his piano. I smiled and sat down next to him. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek as he first started playing some keys. He took a deep breath and then looked down at his fingers playing. He licked his lips and then started singing.
"I don't get
many things right the first time.
In fact, I am told that a lot.
Now I know all the wrong turns,
the stumbles and falls
brought me here.
And where was I before the day
that I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it every day,

And I know
that I am
I am
I am
the luckiest.

What if I'd been born
50 years before you
in a house, on a street
Where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside
as you passed on your bike.
Would I know?
And in a white sea of eyes,
I'd see one pair that I recognize.

And I'd know
that I am
I am
I am
the luckiest.

I love you more than I have
ever found a way to say to you.

Next door, there's an old man
who lived to his nineties
and one day, passed away in his sleep.
And his wife, she stayed
for a couple of days
and passed away.
I'm sorry I know that's a
strange way to tell you that I know
we belong;

That I know
that I am
I am
I am
the luckiest."


The music slowly stopped playing and I wiped away the tear that was trickling down my cheek. I didn't cry often, but... "That was beautiful," I whispered and Will turned to me and smiled. He saw the tears in my eyes and his gaze softened even more.
"That's never going on a CD," he whispered as he stroked my cheek softly.
"Why not?" I asked, confused. Surely that song would be amazing on his next album.
"It's yours, and yours only," he whispered and my heart melted and more tears trickled down my cheeks.
"I love you so much," I said, my voice sounding hoarse and scratchy. Will smiled at me and kissed both of my cheeks and caught my tears.
"I love you, too," he breathed and then kissed me. "And I'm going to tell you that every day for the rest of our lives."
"Good," I smiled, trying to reign in the emotion threatening to burst out from inside me. "Because I'll never get tired of hearing it."
♠ ♠ ♠
*tear* it's finished!!
but i love this ending and this song! it's 'The Luckiest' by Ben Folds. I love it, its so cute. haha.

comment?? i'd love to hear what you think!!!