And She Was Strong.

02

That night, Matthew wasn't with his friends. Instead, he was drinking, smoking, and fucking with Trisha. He was out on the road, and wasn’t restricted like the others by having a girlfriend that he had to make sure wouldn’t find out about his late-night endeavors.

“I’ll see you later,” he said as she got up, putting her clothes back on. “Have a good night.”

She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. “Can I have a number that I can call you on, or something?”

Matthew got up, grabbing the girl’s coat. He handed it out to her, and gave a small, sorry smile. “Goodnight, Trisha.”

Finally, a sorry smile of her own gripped her lips and forced them upward. “Thank you,” was all she said as she took her coat and walked off of the tour bus.

He sighed, staring off after her. It was dark outside, and even though he didn’t know her well enough to say that he could truly worry about her, he nearly did. He hoped that she could make it home alright, for her friend which she had come to the show with had probably already left.

Maybe I should have given her some money to catch a taxi home, he thought.

In any case, she was a strong woman. She was independent, from what Matthew could tell, and that he had only caught from spending an hour or so with the woman. She was a fan, and Matthew usually didn’t like getting his fix from a fan. It just didn’t sit right with him. Although, the two of them had seemed to just hit it off when they met, and, well, one thing had led to the next. The two of them had ended up in the back of the Avenged Sevenfold tour bus while Matthew’s other band mates had a late dinner at the nearest Ihop.

After Matthew had slipped on a clean pair of boxers, he walked out into the ‘living room,’ as that was what everyone called it. He slumped down onto the small couch and, looking around, found the TV remote shoved in between its cushions.

Matt flipped on the television. Johnny must have been watching G4 again; Ninja Warrior was on, and the subtitles were flying across the screen as one of the show’s contestants fell off of a large net, into the dirty lake beneath him. Once, Matt had actually tried to watch this with Johnny, but the constant Japanese gave him a headache that wasn’t worth the wasted time on Ninja Warrior.

“Fuckin’ loser,” he smirked, flipping through the channels. There wasn’t much on, just some late-night ‘As-Seen-On-TV’ ads for stupid things that no one really needs, a cooking show, or two, and Hallmark channel-worthy movies. Nothing was appealing to Matthew that night, so he just turned it off and went back to his bunk.

He just laid there, staring up at the ceiling. It was white, just simple and plain. There wasn’t much to it, besides a picture he’d hung up of his best friend. Plain, and lonely.

Matthew missed her. He wished he could see her right then, right after he’d just had sex with a complete stranger and was feeling lonely. She always knew how to make him feel good; that’s why she was his best friend. She was one of the only girls he’d never tried to make a move on, and he never would because she was too good to him.

God, did he miss her, though.

He closed his eyes, just thinking about her. Her name was Lily. She and he had grown up in the same neighborhood, had gone to the same school together their entire lives. She was friends with his friends. He was friends with her friends. They were inseparable until he and the band started touring. That might’ve broken her heart, Matthew thought. It definitely made life hard on her, he knew, but did he know just how strenuous?

She still lived at home. She was twenty-three and still living at home. Matt said once that she could stay at his house, but she refused. She said there was complications, and that she couldn’t do that to him. He insisted, but so did she. Eventually, he had to let it go.

Only a few more shows, he thought, and I’ll be back home.

Sometimes, a few more shows isn’t quick enough. Sometimes, people don’t understand that time is short, and that ‘a few more shows’ could potentially ruin the life of another. Sometimes, those lives are so mangled that, as a result of time, they’re ruined.

Lily’s life was in the palm of Matthew Sander’s hand.

He just didn’t know it, yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohh, suspense.
i was so surprised to find so many comments last chapter!
i got SEVEN!
that was crazy, i'm serious.
thank you guys so much.

hope to get a few more comments on this one?
:D