This Love

5

Rebyl was really and truly in love with Leo.

The next day, at school, Rebyl was sitting in English class doodling hearts all over her school book, and talking to Alexandra. She wasn't listening to anything Mr. Duvall had to say, and she really didn't care.
"I can't wait until tomorrow night," Rebyl said, "Leo's parents are going away for a few days and I'm going round!"
"Wow, and what you gonna do?!" Alexa had a lazy smile on her face to show she knew what they were going to get up to, even though she had asked the question.
"Miss Greenland," Mr. Duvall suddenly spiked up, addressed to Rebyl. "You are needed in Mr. Burke's office" She stood up, gathered up her things and muttered a swear word under her breath. Mr. Burke was the headmaster of the school. She knew what was coming.

Sitting outside Mr. Burke's office, waiting for him to call her, she already knew she was in trouble. And she already knew what for: the fight with James. She just had to figure out how he wanted to punish her and how her parents would react.
Suddenly, the receptionist called her name and she stood up, knocked on the wooden door and entered, taking a deep breath as she did so.

"I understand you have some issues within the school," explained Mr. Burke. "And you may have an issue with James, but you do not need to bring those issues to school."
"I'm sorry, but James started the fight, I just finished it when he couldn't."
"That's not what he told me." he said, "He said you had started the fight, and threatened him to death."
"I would never do that! I'm not a psycho!"
"I'm sorry, Miss Greenland, but you causing another of our students pain in any way inside school will not be tolerated. And yes, yes, I know, he started it. But you didn't have to retaliate."
"He punched me as well, and he did it first, he just didn't aim for a place where it really hurts."
"As I said before, violence will not be tolerated, and you will be suspended immediately for 3 days. I will inform your parents, so someone can pick you up from school. You will obviously have to catch up on work on your own time." Oh, boy, this wasn't going to be easy for her parents to find out. But she refused to make up a fuss, left the office and waited outside for her dad.

"You're grounded! 3 weeks!" Rebyl's dad shouted. "How dare you pick fights at random at school! I expect you at home all day for the next 3 weeks! I will be checking every hour for the next 3 days, to make sure you aren't out while I'm at work."
"I didn't pick a fight at random, he was insulting me and my boyfriend, and actually, he started the fight. I just finished it off when he couldn't." Rebyl explained, though she knew none of it would make a difference. She sloped off to her room, and decided to call Jade.

"What am I going to do?! I need to see Leo tomorrow! You don't know how important it is to me!" Rebyl cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"So, you're grounded, just sneak out when your parents are at work." Jade didn't understand. She had such nice parents. They would let her get away with a lot.
"Dad's going to check on me every hour until the end of my suspension to show I'm not sciving."
"Well then, get Leo to your house and just get him to shut up whenever the phone rings."
Suddenly, a light bulb switched on in Rebyl's head. Why hadn't she thought of that before?
"Jade, thank you so much, I've got to go, I'll call you tomorrow!"

She then texted Leo her idea and they set it all up. Man, they couldn't wait until the next day came.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hopefully it's a bit better :)