Life Passes You By Like Diamonds

Part Eight: Good things are always followed by bad

I got home from shopping with Brit and we had called Adie to ask her wether she would make Brits wedding dresses and our Bride’s Maid’s Dresses. She just rang us back and said she would gladly make them for us. She also said that she would come around tomorrow to get some measurements.

Later that night Joey called me up to say that he had a surprise for me.
"Hey baby I have a surprise for you.’"[Sounds corny that does.]
"Really what is it?"
"Well if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise."
"When do I get it?"
"Come around tomorrow when my parents are out."
"Hmm okay, I can’t wait. I’ll see you tomorrow.’"
I hung up and was starting to wonder what the hell my surprise was. I went to bed that night with a smile on my face and I couldn’t wait till I went to Joe’s tomorrow to find out what it is!!

I went around to Joe’s house around 11.30 that morning. I told dad I was going around there and he said that was fine just be home before dinner time. I went over there and Joe’s parents had gone just like he had said. He answered the door and lead me into the lounge room were we started making out for like 20 minutes before Joey stopped.
‘Hmm baby I think it’s time for your surprise’
‘Really?’
‘Yes, be back in a sec I’ll just go get it.’
He got me something? What was it? Why did he get me something? I sat there for about 5 more minutes waiting for my surprise. He finally came back with it. It was a small dark green box…o-my-gosh, he can’t be doing that cant he?
‘Ah Joe what is that...?’
‘Not what you think it is.’
‘O okay then what is it then?’
He opened it up and it was a silver ring. It had pure diamond all around the band and up the top there was a silver love heart around it. It was beautiful, but if it wasn’t what I thought it was, then what was it?
"We are to young right now to get married, so this ring is a promise ring to you, I love you so much, and when we do get old enough to get married, I will marry you.’" Omg this was better then I thought.
"Aww Joey, I love you, you are so sweet."
He put the ring on my right hand then we started making out for another 20 minutes. I heard some one come through the front door but didn’t take any notice of it, but then they started speaking.
"O my gosh you stupid slut, get off my boyfriend, he is mine, not yours you idiot, he loves me and not you, that ring is meant for me, he just wants to make you feel special, fuck off you slut."
It was Ramona, Joey and she are close, sometimes I thought too close, but this just confirmed it, I couldn’t help but start crying, I loved this guy, and he had lied to me!!!
"Is this true Joey?"
‘No it’s not. Ramona’s just jealous of us, she always has been.’
"Yeh that’s what they all say!!"
At that I threw the ring at him and ran out crying, I ran home and up the stairs to my room slammed the door and locked it and bawled my eyes out. I cried myself to sleep that night; I hadn’t done that in a long time, who knew that the best thing that happened to me would be the worst thing. I never wanted to see him again. I was depressed and felt used and like a lump of shit. If he was going to treat me like that I am not going to hang around him any longer.