Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

Changing

“Do you Alyssa Katarina Giggs take Stephen Nigel Parker as your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?” The priest asked.

“I do,” I said without any hesitation

“Do you Stephen Nigel Parker take Alyssa Katarina Clark as your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?”

I stared into my soon-to-be-husband’s blue eyes as I noticed a slight pause before he said “I do,”

“In the power invested in my by God and the state of California, I, now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

As Stephen leaned in to kiss me, I heard a far away voice say, “Alyssa wake up! You’re going to be late! Alyssa!!”

I woke up with a start as I saw Stephen’s gorgeous, azure eyes, as I smiled softly at my dream as I looked into my fiancé’s eyes and gave him small kiss on lips. “Do you know what time it is? Well I sure do, it’s nearly 9 o’clock and you have class in an hour and I have to take you, remember?” Stephen said rather coldly. I frowned at his response to my gesture, he is becoming so distant but I know he is just stressed with work and the wedding and the possibility that one of us might be going to abroad, and possibly having to postpone the wedding makes even me a little nervous.

“Just give me ten minutes and we can go, okay?” I said softly, “Sure whatever just be quick about it,” Stephen grumbled.

I groaned as I got out of my warm bed and went to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day: a pair of dark, slim cut jeans and an old Beatles t-shirt I got from a thrift shop. I went to the bathroom to get changed and brush through my mousy brown hair that falls to my mid-back, I have always had my hair straight and long. Boring but consistent and I don’t like change. I applied some eye liner around my blue eyes, some blush on my slightly tanned skin and I put on some lip balm for good measure. I checked myself in the mirror and ran downstairs to put on my shoes, all in about ten minutes a personal record.

Stephen hurried past me “Come on lets g! I have a job you know.”

I groaned, as I went into Stephen’s car as he drove me to UCLA where I’m getting my bachelor’s degree, and I’m hoping to graduate this year with a major in Sports Medicine and a minor in Sports Psychology. The drive to the university was silent and I laid my head against the cold glass of the window. Before I knew it we were at the university, “Umm, well, Sara and I are going to hang out after class, you know celebrate our graduation and everything, so you don’t have to pick me up. Bye, I love you,” I said pausing before getting out of the car, hoping to get some sort of response from him. I didn’t.

I don’t know how but I managed to get to my class without being late. To be honest I wasn’t even paying attention to anything that Professor Clark was talking about but it was the usual ‘this is the beginning of the rest of your lives’ lecture he always gave at the end of the year. Normally, I would be talking to Sara but today I was to busy worrying about my fiancé and how he has changed since we announced our engagement. Before, he used to be so sweet, he would write me little poems or text me lyrics of love songs through out the day just to let me know he was thinking of me. Now Stephen’s out till late at night and when he comes home he smells of cigarettes and alcohol. Suddenly the bell rang and I nearly jumped out of seat, “Ms. Giggs, I need to talk to you about something,” said Professor Clark, tersely. Oh crap, I thought as I walked over to the middle aged man with salt and pepper hair.

“Is there something wrong with my finals? Am I not going to be able to graduate on time?” I questioned frantically.

He laughed “Of course not, you’re one of the best students in the program but I’m afraid you’re not going to be able to walk with your peers.”

My eyes got as big as saucers “What!”

Professor Clark laughed; he laughed right in my face and said “You won’t be walking with your peers because you’ll be leaving for England in a week. You got the one year internship with Manchester United.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was supposed to update my Jordan Staal story but I couldn't resist writing about Cristiano Ronaldo. Please comment or message me what you think. Feedback is really appreciated!