Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

Challenge

“I have a fiancé.”

“A fiancé?” Cristiano looked stunned. “Is he here in Manchester?”

“No, he's in California. He'll be joining me soon. He's a corporate guy and he'll be heading up his company's Manchester branch.”

“How long have you been engaged?”

“10 months.”

“When's the wedding?”

“I don't know. We haven't set a date.”

“10 months and you haven't set a date?”

“I know, we've just been so busy,” I looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes.

“You don't wear your engagement ring?”

“I take it off during work. It can get caught in the tape or the pre-wrap.”

“Why did you let me kiss you?”

“I don't know. It- it felt right.”

“I'll drive you home now,” He picked up his keys off the counter and got up.

“Okay,” I followed him to the car. The car ride was quiet and tense. Neither of us where in particularly talkative moods, after my confession. The only speaking was my giving of directions. We eased to a stop in front of my building. “We can still be friends.”

“I don't want to be just friends. We have something. We have that spark, that chemistry. I can feel it, you can feel it. Or you wouldn't have returned my kiss.”

“I'm engaged.”

“You keep saying that but who are you reminding, me or you?”

“How dare you say that,” I spat. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car.

“You had those doubts before you met me,” Cristiano yelled after me as he too got out of the car.

“Thank you for the dinner, Cristiano. It was delicious. I'll see you on Monday,” I said curtly before walking into the condotel.

“I'm not going to give up,” He called after me, “I've always liked a challenge.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm hitting writer's block, hence the short chapter. I hope you guy like this nonetheless. I will be trying to stick to the schedule, though. Please leave a comment!