Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

Don't Deny It

I need to call Sara. "Sara?"

"Well, if it isn't my bonny lass."

"I think 'lass' is Scottish," I pointed out.

"Whatever. Have you met Ronaldo yet? He is so fine. You are one of the luckiest women in the world," Sara gushed.

My cheeks burned red and I was glad that Sara couldn't see me. "I already am. I have Stephen."

"Oh, honey. You're too cute. But have you met Ronaldo? Did you make run on the treadmill with his shirt off? More importantly, did you video tape it for me?"

"Yes, yes and no. Actually, Ronaldo's the reason I called you."

"Spill."

"Last night, I was working late. Ronaldo was there too. We talked and he invited me to dinner. I had no idea that dinner meant he was taking me back to his house. He made me dinner. Next thing I know. He's kissing me and I kissed him back and-"

"Oh my God! Did you just have sex with the sexiest man in the world?"

"Please stop calling him that! And no I did not have sex with him."

"You should have. You know one last fling before you resign yourself to boring sex with boring Stephen."

"Nothing about Stephen's boring. He's perfect for me."

"That's great for you but you have to admit that he's not exactly a lion tamer."

"Sara, I love Stephen."

"Alright, alright. But tell my you didn't think of Ronaldo in bed," Sara teased.

"I'm completely committed to my fiance. So I haven't thought about Cristiano in bed." I winced as the words left my mouth. You keep saying that but who are you reminding? Cristiano's words echoed in my head.

"Okay, okay. I have to go-"

Beep-beep-beep, Stephen was calling me. "Hello? Stephen? I have to put you on hold. I'm talking to Sara right now."

"Okay sure," Stephen sounded better, as in not wasted.

"Great. I'll be back in a minute," I switched back to Sara, "Sara? Are you still there? Stephen called me and I have to go."

"Yeah. It's fine don't worry. I have to head out, too. Girl's night out. We miss you, you know."

"I miss you, too. Have fun!"

"Oh, honey you know I will."

I clicked back to Stephen. "I'm back."

"What were you and Sara talking about?"

"Oh, I met Cristiano Ronaldo and Sara's trying to convince me that every woman on the planet wants to sleep with him."

"Really? She's such a whore," Stephen said it so casually.

"Stephen! That's my friend," I spat angrily.

"I'm just kidding," Stephen hurriedly defended, "It's just that she acts like she needs to get laid all the time. Good thing she hasn't rubbed off on you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Baby," He cooed, "It's some of the stuff she does. Like now for example, why would she ask you if you wanted to sleep with Cristiano Ronaldo, when you're going to get married?"

"I think she forgets that I'm engaged."

"Yeah, well, she needs to stop that."

"It's just a joke. Why would I think about Cristiano, when I'm already engaged to the sexiest man in the world?"

"That's why I love you, baby. You make me feel special."

Image


"You seem awfully young to be engaged," Rio Ferdinand said skeptically.

I was being grilled by Rio, Owen and Cristiano, on well everything. They really wanted to know everything from my favorite color- red- to if I liked briefs or boxers- neither boxer briefs.

"What led you to Stephen?" Owen asked as he poked around the cabinets and cupboards.

"I don't really know. One minute I'm waiting in line for Chinese food and the next I'm arguing with this corporate stiff. We swapped numbers and met up for coffee. He's a really great guy and helped me through some tough times. With all that, we fell in love, I guess."

"You guess? You're going to spend the rest of your life with this guy and 'you guess.'" Rio speculated.

"You know what I mean- Owen, get out of there. What are you looking for?"

"Nothing," Owen jumped and quickly shut the cabinet. "Nothing at all."

"Don't you boys have somewhere to be? Interviews to be done? Underwear ads to shoot?"

"Only Ronny does the underwear ads. We already did our post-game interviews. We're waiting for Wayne to finish up with Rob so we can all head out," Owen remarked as he relegated to sitting on one of the red examination tables. Rob was in the other room, working with Wayne's ankle and making great use of the hot and cold whirlpool.

"You don't sound very enthused," Cristiano stated.

"About what?"

"Your engagement."

"Stephen's a great guy-"

"We know," The trio said in unison.

"He's fantastic but he- he hates my friends and some of the things I do."

"I see," Cristiano's eyes lit up at my response.

"Don't get me wrong. He's wonderful but he can be really weird sometimes."

At that moment, Wayne appeared, his face flushed from the rehab.

"Finally," Owen sighed, "We can go."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. I noticed that Cristiano lagged behind the other three, waiting for them to leave so that it was only him and me in the room.

"You know, your face doesn't light up when you talk about your fiance. Don't deny it," With that, he left the room, before I could even try to protest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the new chapter! I hope you guys like it. Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me this far! I hope you guys are still interested.