Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

You Got What It Takes

“What are you wearing?” Uncle Ryan deadpanned as he looked me up and down. “Surely you aren't wearing it to the club.”

“What's wrong with it?” I was wearing a navy dress with textured stripes, a rounded neckline, and a lower back cut-out.

“Nothing, Lyssa. You look good,” Stacey commented, nudging Uncle Ryan, who was still grumbling about the length and fit of the dress. “Love your shoes.”

“Thanks,” I was wearing black, high-heeled peep toe shoes. “But I'll probably regret it tomorrow.”

Image


“This is Coleen and Rebecca,” Uncle Ryan introduced. “Wayne and Rio's lovely wives. This is my niece and she's Rob's new intern.”

“Hi, I'm Alyssa.”

“So you'll be keeping our boys in shape,” Coleen smiled, extending her hand to me.

“I hope so,” I shake her hand and I sit down next to her.

“What a lovely ring,” Rebecca complimented. “How long have you been engaged?”

“Thank you. 10 months.”

“Where is the lucky man?” Coleen asked.

“In California, he'll be joining me here soon.”

“Oh. So when the fiance's away, you will play?” Coleen teased.

“It's nothing like that. Just here to have some fun. I love Stephen. He's a great guy.”

“Is she talking about her fiance?” Rio asked as he brought our drinks.

“How did you know?” Rebecca asked, accepting her cosmopolitan.

“She always says he's a great guy,” Rio winked, handing me a drink.

“He is, honest,” I looked curiously at the dark cocktail that looked like soda but I knew better. “What is this? I didn't order a drink.”

“Rum and coke. You need to loosen up. We heard you work pretty late,” Rio reasoned.

“Cheers,” I lifted my glass in the air.

“Cheers,” The rest of them chorused and we drank.

Image


I drank the last of my rum and coke to see that I was alone in the booth.

“You want to dance?” A voice asked.

I looked up and it was none other than Cristiano Ronaldo. “No thanks. I'm not a good dancer.”

“That's just an excuse,” He took my hand and lead me to the dance floor.

“What'll they say?” I asked as he pulled him close to him.

“That's she's the luckiest girl in the world,” He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

You got, you got, you got
What it takes to make me leave my man
It's hard to control myself
It's hard to control myself
and to hold myself back from jumpin' on ya
like I wanna, like I wanna, wanna


The song ended and I could feel people's eyes burning on us, but I couldn't care less. Our bodies were so close, our limbs intertwined.

You got what it takes to make me leave my man.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is "Control Myself" by LL Cool J featuring Jennifer Lopez, which in actuality is pretty awful song but the lyrics work for the story.

Things are spicing up! I hope you guys liked this chapter and feel free to comment!