Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

Every Night

“There is nothing going on between Cris and me!” I exclaimed, “Lay off!” I tried to get some work done as Rio and Owen were once again badgering me.

“All we're saying is that the chemistry is there. Anyone can see that,” Rio quipped.

“Why are you guys even in here? Wayne finished ages ago and neither of you are injured.”

“Injury prevention?” Owen offered as he continued his usual nosing around. “What does this do?” Referring to a heavy metal contraption on the floor.

“It's for your ankle. Don't touch it,” I chided.

“Chillax,” Rio soothed as he tried to find something to occupy him.

“Did you really just use the word 'chillax'? What are you a teenager?”

“Seriously, you need to calm down.”

“You don't get it. Everyone looks at with me like dancing with him was a crime. It was just a dance. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Should've stayed professional,” I grumbled. Though I knew, I was still unconvinced that it was just a dance. There was something- I couldn't quite pinpoint it that made Cristiano very attractive and most of all irresistable.

“You were trying to avoid dancing with Ronny?” Owen asked as he looked through the modalities cabinet.

“I was trying to avoid being branded as a girl who just wants to get close to the players. I want to be taken seriously.”

“We do take you seriously. Those girls staring you down in the hall are just jealous. I don't think someone would go to Uni just to get close to footballers.” Rio reasoned.

I quirked an eyebrow.

"Maybe someone would," Rio shrugged.

“So what's the plan for tonight?” Owen asked.

“For me? Nothing. I'm going to stay in maybe watch some cheesy movie.”

“What? Come on, we just beat Everton,” Owen whined as he tried to open a cabinet only to find it locked, “Why is this locked?”

“We keep medication in there. We also keep a diabetes kit and other things we don't want you guys messing around with. You guys can have fun without me. Stephen said he would call anyways.”

“Oh that great guy! Of course he would,” Rio teased as Owen and he left.

Image


I walked out of the building and towards the train station, across the street.

“Alyssa! Alyssa!” A familiar voice called out.

I wasn't sure what to feel about Cristiano. I wanted to see him again but I didn't want these feelings and doubts. I turned around to see Cristiano and his Porsche. “Hi.”

“Wanna ride home?”

“It's alright,” I politely declined, “The station isn't that far away.”

“Come on, you don't want to ride inside in the Porsche again?” He gestured to the sleek, shiny car.

“Fine,” I sighed, knowing I should have put up more of a fight. I got into the Porsche, which truly was magnificent.

“So, what are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing, just relaxing. Stephen's supposed to call.”

“Oh, the fiance.”

“Yes, the fiance,” I nodded, “Why did you want to do something tonight?”

“I want to do something every night with you,” Cristiano smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be uploading more often over the next few days because I won't be able to post until about September 10, due to a language camp. I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please feel free to comment!