Status: In Progress.

Cheating Across the Pond

Tempt

“You kids look sweet together,” Rio's voiced echoed in the empty room, or was that my imagination?

Cristiano and I turned around and, in that moment, we were blinded by the flash of Rio's camera.

Rio pursed his lips, “Deer in the headlights look. Fierce.”

The flash of the camera reminded me where I was, who I was with, who I am. I'm Alyssa Giggs and I'm engaged to the man of my dreams. I'm shopping for my wedding dress with my entourage of footballers. And next to me is someone who is just tempting to enough to put me on my guard. “Rio, I can't buy this dress. I'll buy the other one.”

“But this dress is the on-”

“I want the other one.” I said with a finality that left no room for negotiation. I couldn't get married to Stephen in this dress. I wouldn't be able to wear it without thinking of Cristiano and how perfect we looked togther.

“Are you sure?” Cristiano asked.

“I'm sure,” I said looking down at the floor. I couldn't say it to his face.

“I'll buy you this one and you can buy the other one,” Cristiano said slowly before adding enigmatically, “Just in case you change your mind.”

Image

“I have my dress,” I said softly into the receiver.

“Oh really?” Stephen's voice went up a full octave. “I'll have to get a move on then. I don't even have a tux.”

“A dress but no wedding date. Or location.”

“Is that a hint? I thought we both agreed that we didn't want to rush this and take our time planning the wedding.”

“I'm just saying, maybe we should get a start on planning our wedding. Or at least figure out if we're going to have it in America or in England,” I sighed wearily, rubbing my temples in a vain attempt to alleviate, “I miss you. I hate being so far away from you.”

“That's actually what I wanted to talk about. It looks like it might take me a couple more months before my transfer will be final and I can join you in Manchester. I'd hate to leave on such a bad note, but I have to go.”

“Oh, okay. Well, I lov-”

“Bye!” He chirped and ended the call.

“I love you,” I whispered, with my phone still pressed to my ear, long after Stephen had hung up.

I love you.

My phone buzzed, signalling me of an incoming call. I frowned, when the caller ID said “unknown” instead of Stephen.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Alyssa? It's Rio,”

“Oh hi! Not that I'm not glad to hear from you, but how did you get my number?” I couldn't help but notice the slight slurring in his words and the raucous noise in the background.

“What does it matter! I'm supposed to call you on a dare and ask you to come join us here.”

“Rio you're drunk.”

“And you aren't! Which is the problem! You need to loosen up.”

“Rio, I'm going to hang up now, okay?”

“Don't! Please come join us down here or we're going to go to your apartment and drag you here.”

“We being? Rio please, I'm not in the best of moods.”

“Then join us! We're at a bar you don't even have to dress up or wear makeup or anything! We'll make you feel better!”

I paused and thought about it for a minute. If Sarah was here, she would insist that we go out clubbing. This is the next best thing, I guess. “Okay, I'll come,” I winced as I said the words and heard the whooping and hurraying.

“Great! We're at Boddington's!” Rio exclaimed.

I cringed as Rio's voice went quite high pitched. Why must drunk people always yell?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked this chapter! I see a crazy bar scene coming up. Should Alyssa give into temptation? Please review! I'd love to hear your comments and opinions.

Also I finally set up the character page so you can see how I pictured the characters in my head.