"Who Would've Thought Getting Knocked Down Would End So Well?"

Games and consequences

"I'll go first."

Billie Joe decided to spin the bottle first. As we watched the bottle's revolutions on Tre's living room floor, we sat in a circle, waiting to see who would be kissing him. The bottle slowed down and finally stopped - on Mike.

"Hey man, I'm not that drunk." Mike was slowly backing away as Billie Joe crawled towards him with his lips puckered. Billie Joe looked at Mike seductively, then smiled.

"You know the rules Mikey, if we don't kiss the girls don't kiss and I sure as hell want to see that."

Mike silently agreed and leaned in towards Billie Joe. When their lips met I could tell they had kissed many times before. I couldn't stop smiling, it was funny and hot at the same time. When they pulled away, I started clapping. They rolled their eyes at me and settled back into their places within the circle.

When Drew spun the bottle, it landed on Sara. Five minutes later they were still kissing, and ten minutes later we could hear muffled moans in the corner of the living room - we made sure not to look in their direction for fear of going blind.

Claudia spun the bottle next, and it landed on me. The guys suddenly appeared to be quite interested in the game. Tre rubbed his hands together in anticipation. Billie Joe's eyes were wide, he looked like he would thoroughly enjoy this moment. Mike just seemed amused. Claudia and I met in the middle of the circle. We moved towards one another slowly and cautiously. I leaned in towards her and our lips grazed. We kissed for a few seconds, and I could feel all eyes on us. I opened my eyes when it was over and shuffled back towards my seat.

Tre sighed, exasperated. "That was it?!" He shook his head. "I kissss my grandma morrre passionately than that!" Everyone in the circle made a face at Tre.

I cringed. "Eww, Tre, we don't want to know about your 'family fun'." I was just finishing my air quotes when Tre smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Well you know, Tre has admitted to fantasies concerning the washing of grandmothers . . ." Billie Joe trailed off.

"That's true," Mike agreed.

"Mmm, grandmas. They're loose, it's like throwing a hotdog down a corridor." I stared at Tre with my mouth agape. Grabbing the empty gin bottle, I handed it to Mike in an attempt to steer away from this disturbing conversation. Mike took the cue and spun the bottle. Many turns were taken and as the alcohol continued to course through our bodies, the kisses were getting longer and sloppier.

Tre spun the bottle next.

"Time to take one of you to heaven . . . at least for a minute or two." And with that, Tre grabbed the bottle. "Who will be the lucky girl . . . or guy? Only the bottle will tell. Tell us magic bottle!"

The bottle began to spin then stopped on me abruptly. Throughout the game I'd somehow managed to kiss everyone but Tre, but times were changing. Tre and I crawled toward one another.

"Time to rock your world."

And then he kissed me. It wasn't a 'spin the bottle' kiss, though. He cupped my face with his hands and managed to slip his tongue into my mouth and really went for it. No one noticed because everyone else was starting to pass out, still within the circle. I pulled away from Tre and he looked at me guiltily, blushing slightly. I looked at him wide-eyed, then snapped my head towards Billie Joe. He was lying on the floor with his arms over his eyes, falling asleep. I released the breath I was holding; I was afraid Billie Joe had seen the kiss. I said nothing to Tre and cuddled up next to Billie Joe on the ground; I did not fall asleep, though. I was troubled by the kiss. Maybe I was making a big deal out of it. Everyone had kissed everyone else and maybe Tre's drunken state was the only reason he kissed me the way he did. Maybe he kissed everyone that way. It was the look of guilt afterwards that bothered me, though.

* * * * * * * *

Morning came and one by one, we began to wake up, starting with myself. Well, to be honest, I never really fell asleep. I removed myself from Billie Joe's grasp and stood up. Raising my arms above my head I stretched and started tiptoeing over sleeping bodies to get to the kitchen. I put on a pot of coffee and picked up empty bottles in an attempt to help clean up.

"Are you making coffee?"

I'd only known Mike for a relatively short period of time, but already I knew he would be the first to wake up to the smell of coffee.

"Yeah, grab a cup."

Mike picked a mug out of Tre's cupboard and poured himself some coffee. He took a whiff.

"If only I could inject this straight into my veins." He took a sip and looked like he was in heaven.

"Mmm . . . that's the stuff. Especially after a night of drinking like that."

"I know what you mean."

I turned my back on him and made myself a cup. I helped myself to the contents of Tre's fridge which included a generous helping of s'more flavoured ice cream. We chatted quietly while the others began to stir. One by one they filed into the kitchen for coffee and ice cream except for Tre, who disappeared to the upstairs portion of his home immediately upon waking.

Billie Joe smiled at me sleepily. "Morning." I smiled back and gave him a light kiss on the lips. Everyone grumbled and groaned as we fought through our hangovers. Sara and Drew were the last ones to wake up. They stumbled groggily towards the kitchen, holding hands. When they arrived in the kitchen, we all had the same idea.

"Woooo! Yeah! Ooooohh!" We were whistling and making catcalls at them, and together, the pair turned an unnatural shade of red. I walked towards them.

"So, Sara, Drew, what happened last night? Hmmm? Huh?" I stood between the two of them and nudged them with my elbows while everyone else looked on, smiling knowingly. Drew tried his hardest to bore a hole in my head with his eyes while Sara moved away, pretending she had not heard me.

"Where's Tre?" Sara was casually trying to change the subject. No one had really noticed he was missing until Sara asked, that is, no one but me.

"Hmm, probably taking a shower to help reduce the massive hangover he must have. He was by far the drunkest." Claudia did not seem surprised, she knew Tre inside and out. As we continued to chat, Tre came downstairs, his hair still wet from the shower.

"Tre, wanted to be by yourself for a few minutes?" Billie Joe raised his eyebrows suggestively. Usually Billie Joe's teasing would lead to a dirty comment from Tre, or at the very least a provocative look and the wiggling of those perfectly trimmed eyebrows. That did not happen.

"Uh, yeah, just wanted to take a shower." Billie Joe looked at Tre, confused. Tre seemed upset.

"You ok, man?"

Tre did not look Billie Joe in the eye. "Yeah I'm fine." Billie Joe did not look convinced but dropped the subject anyway. For a few minutes, an awkward silence consumed the lot of us.

I looked at Billie Joe. "I should go."

"I'll go with you."

Billie Joe and I went back into the living room to retrieve our belongings and I could hear Mike making yet another comment about the wonder of coffee. I swear, if it was legal to marry a beverage, Mike would be the happiest guy in the world.

Drew decided to stay at Tre's a little longer and get a ride with Sara. Billie Joe and I said our goodbyes to everyone. I avoided looking at Tre for the rest of the time I spent at his house.