"Who Would've Thought Getting Knocked Down Would End So Well?"

Joey and Jakob

I opened my eyes and immediately closed them again. Sunlight streamed through the bedroom window, threatening to blind me. I shifted to my side to avoid the light and gazed upon a sleeping Billie Joe. He looked so peaceful, so innocent. I watched his chest rise and fall steadily, a rhythm so perfect it was almost hypnotic. Sitting up, I raised my arms above my head to initiate a much needed stretch. I lowered my arms again, resting my hands on my lap. I raised the sheets from over my legs and lifted myself from off the bed. Looking around for at least one article of clothing from the previous night I only stumble upon Billie Joe's t-shirt. Remembering last night I smirk; we'd been intimate all over the house. Hell, we'd even ended up outside at one point. I slipped on the t-shirt and quietly walked out of the bedroom.

Reaching the stairs, I grabbed the railing and walked slowly downwards. I was taking my time, still not yet fully awake. Once on the ground floor, I padded to the kitchen. I wasn't really hungry so I made coffee instead. While I waited, I looked through the fridge for any sign of fruit. I was startled when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist. When I realized it was Billie Joe, I was pleasantly surprised.

"I thought you'd be asleep for at least a few more hours," I teased. I looked back to see that Billie Joe had slipped on a pair of red and black striped boxers and nothing else. I grinned.

"Yeah, well when you left me all alone in that big bed it just wasn't the same." He pouted. "Come back to bed. We can..." Billie Joe was cut short by the sound of the doorbell echoing throughout the downstairs portion of his large home. He made a face.

"I wonder who that could be." He walked towards the front door, preparing to open it. Once the door had been opened a crack, it was pushed open forcefully from the other side. Two boys ran through the door followed by a beautiful, tired looking woman with dark dread locks. Adrienne, Joey and Jakob had just entered the house.

"Adie! What are you doing here?" Billie Joe ran a hand through his messy black hair, causing it to stick in every possible direction.

"I'm sorry Billie Joe. But an emergency meeting was called with that new band we signed, Seventh Day. I'm not sure what it's about but I still have to go and I can't take the boys. Can you watch them?" By now, Joey and Jacob had run upstairs.

"Yeah, Adie. I love spending time with the boys."

She smiled sweetly at Billie Joe. "Are you making coffee? I could really use a cup right about now."

Adrienne had just noticed Billie Joe's attire and shook her head. "Did I interrupt something? Is there a woman here?" I suddenly felt horribly underdressed in Billie Joe's t-shirt as he and Adrienne stepped into the kitchen.

Adrienne's eyes opened wide as I came into view. She did a quick scan of my overall appearance and attire then quickly adjusted her facial expression to a more accepting one. We both smiled helplessly at the awkward situation we found ourselves in.

"Adie, this is Amelia. My girlfriend."

Adrienne offered her slender hand to shake, which I accepted. "Nice to meet you Amelia."

"Likewise."

There was a moment of silence; we just did not know what to say to one another. Adrienne looked at her watch. She looked at Billie Joe.

"I'd better go, I'm running a bit late. I should be back in the afternoon." She turned towards me. "And it was nice to meet you, Amelia. I hope to see you again soon in a less awkward setting." She chuckled.

I laughed. "Yeah I hope so. I hope not to be in my underwear next time. Good luck with your meeting."

"Thanks. See you later."

"Bye."

Billie Joe walked with Adrienne to the front door. They chatted a bit and then she headed to her car. Billie Joe closed the door and locked it. He headed back to the kitchen where I was still standing. He stepped behind me, wrapping his arms around my body.

"I'm sorry babe, that was a bit awkward."

"It's ok. It could have been much worse. She seems nice."

"Yeah." He hugged me tighter. "Let's go see the boys."

I looked down at Billie Joe's Misfits t-shirt, the only thing I was wearing. It barely covered anything.

"I think I'd better change first."

"Need help?" There was a mischievous tone to Billie Joe's voice. I shook my head and nudged his arm with my elbow.

"Not when your kids are in the next room. Dirty boy."

I began to head upstairs while I could still hear Billie Joe whining, begging me to reconsider. I slipped back into Billie Joe's bedroom, unnoticed. I located my clothes and dressed hurriedly. I was a bit nervous about meeting Joey and Jakob. Would they like me, or hate me? Standing in the middle of the bedroom, I tried to calm down, taking deep breaths. Once relaxed, I left the room.

I could hear giggling down the hall and I recognized one of the voices - Billie Joe. I walked towards the sound and stopped outside the room. Carefully I stepped inside as three pairs of eyes focused on me.