"Who Would've Thought Getting Knocked Down Would End So Well?"

Where are they?

Billie Joe, Drew and I pulled into Billie Joe's driveway and stepped out of the car. The moving truck was not parked in the driveway, so the three of us walked to the back of the house in case the guys parked there to avoid attracting any unwanted attention. No such luck, Tre and Mike were not there, and neither was the truck. The three of us walked back to the front of the house and Billie Joe pulled out his house keys. He opened his front door and we walked inside. There was no sign of Mike or Tre.

"I don't get it, they should have arrived a while ago," Billie Joe scratched his head in confusion and looked around the first floor of his home for any signs of the guys' presence. Drew looked around too, but with different intentions. He was curious about inspecting the rockstar's home, a home that would soon be mine, also. He looked impressed.

"Billie Joe your house is awesome. Can I move in too?" Billie Joe chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

From the way Billie Joe paced around the kitchen, it was clear that he was concerned. He did not say anything, though. Perhaps he did not want to worry Drew and I needlessly. When Mike and Tre said they would be somewhere, they were there; they never bailed on a friend.

After drumming his fingers mindlessly on the kitchen counter for a minute or so, Billie Joe walked to the table and grabbed the black cordless phone that lay lifelessly thereon.

"I'm going to call Mike's cell phone."

Billie Joe turned on the phone, listening for the dial tone. Without hesitation he dialled Mike's phone number from memory. I watched as Billie Joe listened to the phone ring. Mike's voice messaging service must have come on because the next thing we knew, Billie Joe was leaving a message.

"Hey Mike, it's Billie. Uh, we're at the house, and wondering where you guys are. So, uh, give me a call when you get this message. Okay. Bye." Billie Joe furrowed his eyebrows as he turned off the phone.

Almost instantly, he turned the phone on again and dialed a different number, which I assumed to be Tre's. Drew and I looked at Billie Joe as he slouched over the kitchen counter and tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for an answer. He seemed just about to hang up when he heard someone answer the line.

"Hello?"

I saw Billie Joe look down at the phone, confused. I wasn't sure what was going on because I could not hear what Tre was saying on the other end.

"Oh, sorry, I guess I called the wrong phone number."

The person on the line continued to talk and Billie Joe continued to listen. I was not sure what was going on or why he stayed on the line since I could only hear one side of the conversation. Why would he keep talking to a stranger?

"Yes I am."

Drew and I looked at each other, completely confused. We looked at Billie Joe just in time to see his face fall. The colour drained from his cheeks and his green eyes opened wide, losing their usual sparkle and becoming dull. I was beginning to get nervous.

"I'll be right there." Billie Joe hung up the phone and looked at Drew and I in disbelief.

Billie Joe clutched the kitchen counter, looking as though he was about to faint. He still had not told Drew and I about the telephone conversation or why he was suddenly so upset.

"Billie, baby, what's wrong?" I was becoming anxious. I walked over to him and rested my hand on top of his.

Billie Joe stared through me. "The person on the line had Tre's phone. She had Tre's phone because he wasn't able to answer it," He paused. "Tre and Mike could not answer their phones because they are in the hospital; that was a paramedic who I just spoke with." My mouth was agape. Drew looked stunned.

"What happened?" At that moment, Drew was the only one in control of his voice. The three of us stood in Billie Joe's kitchen, staring at one another in disbelief, no one speaking. Billie Joe broke the silence.

"Uh, the paramedic said she couldn't give details over the phone, but said I should get to Highland General Hospital as soon as possible."

"But are they going to be okay?" I needed reassurance; they were my good friends too, after all.

"I don't know. B-but I need them to be okay."

Billie Joe looked at the floor and I stood with him, neither of us thinking clearly. Drew suddenly snapped out of his stupor, walked out of the kitchen and grabbed Billie Joe's car keys from off the side table near the front door. He walked back towards the kitchen, tossing the keys to Billie Joe.

"Let's go."

Billie Joe looked at Drew weakly. "Hey, man, you seem like the most level headed of the three of us right now. Could you to drive us to the hospital?"

Drew did not have to be asked twice. He was excited to drive the Ford Fairlane, Billie Joe's baby. But above that, he wanted to help out in any way he could. "Of course."

I still had not spoken a word. The three of us were each in our own worlds, assuming the worst but hoping for the best. Billie Joe, Drew and I climbed back into Billie Joe's car. Drew started the car and silently, we sped towards the hospital.

It felt like it had taken hours to get to the hospital though it likely had only been a matter of minutes. We had driven in silence, well, for the most part. Billie Joe was frantically trying to reach Claudia and Estelle to have them come to the hospital quickly. He couldn't give many details because he did not know much of what was going on either, but the sense of urgency in his voice was all the convincing they required. Claudia said she would pick up Estelle on her way, so they could arrive together. She decided against bringing Frankito until she knew the severity of the situation.

Drew, Billie Joe and I arrived at the hospital in record speed. Drew parked the car in the first spot we could find and the three of us ran through the hospital entrance. We had no idea where to find Mike or Tre so after a minute or so of looking and moving around aimlessly, Billie Joe stopped at a nurse's station. An older, tired looking nurse walked towards us.

"Can I help you, kids?"

"Yes," Billie Joe panted, a little winded from running around, not to mention our mounting anxiety. "I'm looking for Mr. Michael Ryan Pritchard and Mr. Frank Edwin Wright the third. They were brought here not too long ago."

"For what reason?"

Billie Joe looked at him like he was stupid. "I don't know what reason. An emergency I suppose, since this a hospital and not a beach resort. Besides, YOU should be telling ME why they're here, I'm not a fucking psychic!" Billie Joe clenched his fists and slammed one of them against the desk.

I ran my hand along Billie Joe's shoulder and upper arm, trying to calm him down a little. His attitude was not going to help us right now. When the nurse glared at Billie Joe and did not answer, he kept demanding answers but he was losing his patience. "What room are they in?"

The nurse typed their names into a computer. "And whom may I say is asking?" I could see Billie Joe trying to keep his temper at bay, but he was struggling. He ran a hand through his messy black hair in frustration.

"I'm their best friend and band mate. I'm their family. Now please, tell us where they are or I swear I will disrupt every single fucking room in this hospital, looking for them." His voice remained calm but the expression on his face frightened the nurse. With out further ado, he gave the room number.

"Take the elevator on the right, go up to the tenth floor. The room number is 1013."

Billie Joe mumbled a thank you and we headed to the elevator. I felt bad about the way Billie Joe had treated the nurse. So, before the elevator arrived, I walked back to the desk.

"Um, excuse me?" The same nurse glared at me before walking slowly towards me, not speaking.

"I'm sorry about the way my boyfriend treated you. But we're scared. Our friends are in the hospital and we don't even know why or how serious it is. We're all on edge."

The nurse looked at me kindly. "It's okay, dear, we've all been there. You're sweet to come back to apologize." I smiled then headed back to the elevator. While we waited for our turn to ride to the tenth floor, we watched the lighted numbers atop the elevator increase then begin to decrease, letting us know that the doors would soon open for us.

Billie Joe looked at me questioningly. "Why did you go back over there?"

I shot him a look. "To apologize for the way you spoke to that nurse. We're all upset Billie Joe, but don't take your anger out on random people."

Billie Joe sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets to keep them from shaking. With a loud ding, the elevator doors opened. We walked inside, and I pressed the number 10.

"You're right, Amelia. I'm just so worried."

A question crossed my mind, the same concern that had plagued my mind since we had found out that Tre and Mike were in the hospital.

"Uh, guys?"

Drew was the first to answer. "Yeah?"

"Do we know what's even wrong with the guys, or how serious it is?"

Billie Joe looked me in the eye. "No, the paramedic wouldn't tell me. But it sounded serious."

I grabbed Billie Joe's hand and squeezed it tight. I was scared. We all were. When the doors opened on the tenth floor, the three of us hesitated. No one wanted to come out because we were afraid of what we would have to face. The elevator doors began to close when Drew moved forward.

"This is ridiculous you two. We might as well go now, if we wait longer we'll just be more stressed. And more importantly, Tre and Mike need us."

Billie Joe and I nodded. We were being selfish. The three of us exited the elevator and began to look for room 1013. We'd split up and had gone in different directions so we could find the room faster. I had walked past a few rooms when I heard Drew's voice.

"Amelia, Billie Joe, over here. I found it!" The two of us briskly walked towards Drew and stood outside the white door.

"This is it," I announced as I pushed open the door.