"Who Would've Thought Getting Knocked Down Would End So Well?"

Home sweet home

Billie Joe and I got into his car and drove away from the hospital with a comfortable silence between us. Park officials had insisted that we get checked out before we were allowed to go home, after all, they did not want a lawsuit on their hands. Once given a clean bill of health, we were more than ready to go home. Our minds were still racing from what we had just experienced, each of us going over the ordeal again and again in our minds. I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not realize that Billie Joe had stopped his car in front of my house. We sat there, staring at my place, neither of us moving. I finally broke the silence.

"Do you want to come in?"

He smiled at me. "I'd love to."

We got to my front door and I rummaged through my purse for the house keys. "Got it!" I exclaimed and opened the door.

"Drew? Hello? Anybody home?"

We were the only ones home and I was happy about that. I motioned for Billie Joe to come in.

"Make yourself at home."

After looking around my home, Billie Joe stopped in front of me. "So, what do you want to do tonight? I don't know about you, but I don't really feel like being out in public."

"I totally agree. Let's stay in, we can make dinner and watch a movie or something."

"Sounds great."

Billie Joe and I searched through my kitchen, trying to figure out what we could cook for dinner. We finally decided on making Pad Thai. So while I was preparing the noodles and the sauce, Billie Joe was stir frying the vegetables and the tofu; I'm vegetarian, and he said he would enjoy eating vegetarian for once. We were both concentrated on our tasks. That is, until I flung a few noodles at his head.

He turned and stared at me, wide-eyed. "Did you just throw noodles at me?"

"Well, actually, I think the noodles were just naturally attracted to you." I smirked at him.

There was a look of mischief in those beautiful green eyes of his. "Oh really?"

The next thing I knew I was covered in tofu and peanuts. "I just wanted to know if you liked the sauce but my hand slipped." He tried to look innocent.

Then all hell broke loose. Food was flying all over the place. I ducked behind the counter when Billie Joe wasn't looking. He started to talk to himself, like parents do when they are looking for their children during hide and seek.

"I wonder where Amelia went. Is she under the table? No. The pantry? Nope."

He continued answering his own questions. He leaned against the counter, very close to where I was hiding.

"Oh well, I guess I'll just dump this sauce out since she left."

And with that, he dumped the rest of the sauce right on my head. He knew exactly where I'd been the entire time!

I got up and started to rub my head and the rest of my body against him, trying to get him as dirty as I was. He broke free and I chased him all over the house. We were laughing and screaming. I tackled Billie Joe to the ground and laid on top of him. He placed his hands behind his head and just stared at me. I loved being so close to him. This time I decided to make a move, and leaned in to kiss him. He placed his hands on my face and continued to kiss me. I was enjoying where this was going. Our hands began to roam as we caressed one another. I rubbed my hands across his chest and reached for the bottom of his shirt. Our breathing was becoming laboured and I began to lift his shirt above his head. But before I could finish the task at hand, I felt a weird vibration and realized that Billie Joe's cell phone was ringing. Damn.

"You should get it" I told him, a little disappointed that we were being interrupted.

"Nah, they can leave a message."

"It's ok, it could be important" and as I was saying that I slowly lifted myself off him.

"Sorry" he mouthed as he answered his phone.

It was Tre. He was wondering if we had decided what time we were going to show up at his party. We had completely forgotten with everything that had happened today. Billie Joe started to explain to him the events of the day. Tre was stunned. He insisted on postponing the party for a few days until we felt up to it, and said he would call Mike to let him know what happened. Billie Joe thanked him and hung up the phone. Then he looked over at me with a devlish grin.

"Where were we?"