The Daughter of Poseidon

Chapter 15

Chapter 15

It's been two months since that party at Bobby Stetser's, and I still have nightmares about that night.
After that night, we moved, yet again. We’re still not at Mount Olympus, because we have to be positive that we have all the children of the gods.
Some nights, I just sit on my bunk, and cry. Everyone has gotten used to that.

“Come on, everyone, rise and shine”, I heard Ares call into the tent. Everyone groaned.
"No", I heard Scarlett moan, as she sleepily got up from her bunk. Lena pulled her covers over her head, while Chase and Ryan happily ran out the tent entrance, and came back with a bucket of water.
And, of course, they dumped it on Lena.
She screamed, and threw the covers onto the floor, and ran after Chase and Ryan, trying to rip their throats out.
"Lena! Get back in here. It's your day to take Aaron to therapy!", Ares yelled. Lena grudgingly walked back inside the tent.
After we got dressed, Lena and I walked out of the woods, into the Bust streets of Denver, Colorado.
"hey, there's a nice looking car", said Lena, pointing to a Black 2005 Mustang.
"It's okay. I don't really care", I said, half-heartedly.
We walked over to the car, and Lena easily unlocked the car.
No one knows why, but Lena sort of has a knack for electronics. She could make a car go, even when there was no key. Which she was doing now.
Therapy dragged on. I answered my therapists' questions, usually in a one word answer.
After an hour of torture, Lena drove me to physical therapy. Then, at last, we stopped by the Drug store.
"Prescription for Aaron Poseidon", Lena said into the microphone, and a few minutes later, Lena was holding the orange Vicodin bottle.
I quickly reached over, and snatched the bottle from her hands, and popped a bunch of pills in my mouth.
“Aaron!”, she yelled, snatching the Vicodin bottle away from me, “The doctor said only to take Vicodin TWICE A DAY!!!”.
“So? I don’t care!”, I yelled back. By the time we were on the road, we were in a full fledged screaming match.
When we got back to the tent, Lena was furious. She stormed into Ares Tent, not even giving a hint that she was coming in.
“I can’t deal with Aaron anymore! I quit, I resign, I’m NOT taking care of her anymore!”, she yelled.
I walked into my own tent. Layla and Scarlett were talking on the couch, laughing, while Chase and Ryan were, apparently, wrestling in the middle of the floor.
“I’m back”, I say at a talking tone, but all of them hear me.
“Hey, Aaron!”, said Layla, running towards me to hug me. I don’t know why, but Layla is always very open, and ALWAYS happy. It gets annoying.
“Hey, Layla”, I said, as she pulled away.
Chase and Ryan stood up, and walked over to me.
"Hey, Aaron, you okay?", asked Ryan, pulling me into a quick kiss. We're together, at the moment.
"Okay, everyone, it's the first Saturday of the month", Ares reminded us. Everyone groaned. Every first Saturday of each month, was shopping day. No, not clothes shopping day, grocery shopping day.
"Ryan, why don't you stay here with Aaron?", Ares offered Ryan.
"Sure", he said, smiling at me.
When the others all left, Ryan and I went to sit on the couch.
"Aaron", he pleaded, "Tell me. Tell me what happened that night. Ares won't tell us anything. Please Aaron, I'm going crazy not knowing".
I sighed, looking at my feet, "Ryan..."
"Please, Aaron", he looked me in the eyes. I couldn't turn him down.
"Umm... well", I didn't know where to begin.
"Umm... Okay, well, Chris drove us there, to Bobby Stetser's house. I met this girl named Aimee. I made friends with her.
“We talked for a long name. I asked her what she was most frightened of, and she said ‘Death’. And, downstairs, Bobby’s dad, and a few friends had arrived", I felt like a cold, hard hand has just closed around my heart.
"It turns out that Bobby's dad was in the Mafia", my voice was stuck in my throat. Ryan saw my difficulty. He put his arm around me, comforting me. Tears rimmed my eyes.
"They set off a bomb. Aimee...", I choked. I threw my head into Ryan's lap, and cried.
"Shhh shhh, its alright, Aaron. Everythings okay".
"No", I whispered, "Everything is NOT okay!", I yelled, tears streaming down my face rapidly, "Nothing is okay! Aimee DIED, Ryan! She died!" I screamed at him.
It was silent, for what seemed like eternity. Then Ryan spoke.
"What happened to Chris?".
I looked up at him. My eyes were irritated and red, and sore.
"I don't know", I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
yo peoplezzzzzz!!!! 12 subscribers!!!! CAn i please have 13???? pweety pweety pweese????
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!! COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!!!!
-Halie