I Don't Like His Skinny Jeans

Chapter 13

*Years Ago*

It was a cold day in the Palomar Mountains, yet the sun beamed down hard, heating all the kids like popcorn chicken in a deep fryer. Two kids in particular felt more heated than the rest.

They blushed, and laughed, and smiled, like crazy. Jasper, the boy, had something on his mind, though, so his laugh was stiff and uneasy. Willy, the girl, was just in absolute bliss. The most amazing guy she's met, so far, liked her, and was standing here, laughing with her.

Everyone always asked if they were dating, and they'd both reply with a joking, 'no', even though they both longed to say yes. Especially the girl, Willy. She knew Jasper had a crush on her, and she knew she had a crush on him. He was oblivious of course, the way most teenage boys were.

"Jasper, I like you." She finally blurted out. "And I know you like me too."

The boy stood there, dumbfounded. "I-I-I... uh, I-um. Y-you... will you go out with me?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She grinned a little.

"Um, yes."

"Then yes, I'll go out with you."

"Isn't it the same thing?"

"No, silly. By me saying I'll go out with you, you are taking me out on a date. By you saying you'll be my boyfriend, you're well, my boyfriend... and I'm your girlfriend." She stated clearly. She would be the dominant one in the relationship for sure.

"Oh, okay." He smiled. He was going out with his dream girl, and all he had to do was say 'yes' and 'okay'.

She grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together oh so cliche like, and walked back to the lunch tables, prepared for the stares they'd receive. It didn't matter to them, they had each other, and in their minds, that's all they needed. Or thought they needed. Later, at dinner time, while walking back to the cabins, Willy finally knew how her friend felt.

"Oh my God, you're such a bitch." Nessie, who went by Vanessa at the time, spat at her so called BFF.

"What? Did you just call me a bitch? What did I do?" Willy completely confused at the situation, tried to stay calm.

"I like Jasper! How could you not know that? You're such a backstabber, I can't believe that my only best friend would do this to me." She screamed. The other girls stared back at them, surprised by the sudden outburst.

Willy felt a pang in her heart, one that hurt. One like she lost someone dear to her. Tears forced their way to her eyes, but she blinked them away unnoticed.

"You like Jasper? Vanessa, if I had known, I never would've said yes, I swear to you." She whisper, totally honest. The blonde just glared at her, her bushy eyebrows knitted together like a finely woven scarf.

"Yes, I like him! It was totally obvious! I hate you, you're such a whore!" And with that, the blue eyed beast stormed off, her skinny body bouncing with each step she took towards her cabin.

Willy bit her lip, shaking her head as the others rushed to her. They patted her back, and said that Vanessa was just being selfish. That everything was going to be alright. She hardly believed that.

Back at her own cabin that she shared with 40 other girls, Willy sunk down in her yucky green sleeping bag, feeling totally ashamed of herself. She had great control over her emotions, so she didn't dare cry, not in front of the other girls.

All she wanted was Jasper.


And Jasper she would get. They continued going out for several semesters, the closest and cutest couple during their time. It ended badly when they changed schools, though, one year. They both went to different schools from each other, and their old friends. They couldn't take the distance, and felt like they couldn't trust each other.

It all ended in tears and curses. Promises too. They promised each other they would never speak, or see each other again. Both were happy with that decision until a year or two later.

*A Year or Two Later*

"So, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at Kaitlin's party tonight?" Ashley asked me, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear, her soft brown eyes looking up at me through her long lashes.

"Yeah, sure. I'll catch you there, then." I smiled slightly, waving to her as I tripped over myself. She cheekily smiled at me and waved. I watched her walk away, her hips swaying from behind her backpack.

I turned around and bit my lip. Your got it good, Jasper Boy, I thought to myself. Ever since the new school year, girls had been coming at me left and right. Hugs here, winks there, bags of chips everywhere. And the kisses, oh the kisses, the ones that you got on the cheek after school. They always left me bitter afterward, though. Because they reminded me of her, the one girl that I had the guts to ask out. That was over and done with now, though.

"Jasper? What are you doing here?" Kaitlin asked me when she opened the door to button down shirt Jasper. I wracked my brain for the memory of her approaching me with Amber yesterday.

"I-I though you invited me... right?" I asked, hopeful. I was not crazy, at least, crazy enough to make up something like this. I knew I had been invited.

"Yeah, of course I did, but, I had thought Amber would tell you that," she paused, wriggled her nose and itched it for a second before continuing. "well, Will is here, Jasper, she's here." She muttered the last part under her breath.

"Wait, what? Why did you invite her if you knew I was coming?" I asked her, angrily. I could've died a happy man if I never saw her again.

"Well, Jasp, she is my best friend. I'm not going to uninvite her. I thought she wasn't coming so I invited you. I know how it is with you guys." She seethed.

"Tell her to leave or something, I don't want to see her." I demanded.

"Jazz, I'm not going to be rude," her brow furrowed, "so I'm not going to ask you to leave. She's spending the night, I'm not kicking her out."

"What am I suppose to do? I can't face her." I was scared I admit. Afraid even. Afraid of falling for her when I saw her. I couldn't afford that. I was suppose to hate her, get over her, then forget her.

"Jasper! Hey!" Ashley shouted as she ran barefooted towards me from the glass doors that led to Kaitlin's backyard. I could hear people splashing in the pool. I notice a fence around her pool, must be a safety precaution for her little brothers.

"Ash, hey," I said nonchalantly as her arms wrapped around my neck and pulled me down a little. I hugged her back as I stared at Kaitlin, mouthing 'do something about it'. She gave me the most blood curdling stink eye ever. Girls scared me almost as much as they brought me joy.

"Come on, they have limbo in the back," Ashley said as she dragged me by the hand outside. I saw Kaitlin close the door and head up stairs.

"Limbo, limbo, lim-bo!" I heard people chanting.

I knew mostly everyone there, but I wasn't popular, heck I didn't even go to their school! But Kaitlin had known me since the 6th grade, and the majority of the people here did too. I know, it was weird.

Ash and I stood there, watching the kids desperately try to make it under the pole. Most failed, but the really flexible people were able to do it. Everyone, for the most part, was holding a cool little Capri Sun, holding and sipping at it as if beer. Ha.

"Jasper? I have something to tell you." Ash said in a high pitched manner, tugging persistently on my shirt sleeve. She was pulling that cutsie stuff on me, and I hated it when girls did that. Act your friggin' age, I'm not your babysitter.

"What?" I asked, curious.

"I really like you. And don't say 'I like you too' like we're talking about friends here. I like like you, I have a crush on you." She looked me straight in the eye with those killer light brown eyes. Like light honey poured into little half spheres.

"What do I say then?" I stared back.

"Nothing," she muttered as she took my hand, leading me to the side of the house, which took quite awhile, since Kaitlin's house was so fucking huge.

Once we were clear out of sight, unnoticed, Ash attached her lips to mine. My eyes widened, and my face grew red. She didn't notice of course, as she grabbed the back of my hair and slid her tongue over my lip, asking for entrance. Hesitant, I let my mouth open a little, and instantly, she shoved her tongue in there. Over all, it was an awkward experience for me, although, she seemed to enjoy it, so I let her makeout with my mouth for a couple more minutes.

She started slowing down, her hands travelling down to mine, fitting our hands together. It felt really weird... holding hands.

"Well, aren't you going to ask me out?" She looked at me expectantly.

"Uh, sure."

"Well?"

"Oh, will you go out with me?"

"Of course, oh Jasper, I love you." She looked at me, her eyes filled with lust. She was gaga over me.

"I love you, too." I told her, not really meaning it.

She smiled widely, pecking me on the lips. I smiled at her, and she dragged me back to the pool area where everyone was still playing limbo. Some heads turned, and the first thing they noticed were our hands. They were together, holding each other.

People were whispering, and Ash had a smug look on her face. She smirked wildly when something caught her eye though. I followed her gaze, and to my amazement, I saw someone that made my stomach curdle and do flips at the same time. Willy.

I almost literally cringed, when I saw her long hair was gone, and replaced by a shorter, more... how do you say it... mature look? No! Sophisticated. Yeah, that was the word. It reminded me of her hair back when we dated, except shorter, and less punk.

Her small lips were sneered, her arms crossed. Her glare was focused on Ash. I switched my gaze with them, back and forth. They were almost opposites. Ash had that long, blonde hair with the honey eyes, her skin the perfect tan. Will had black hair, although she would always say it was just really, really, really dark brown. She also had really, really, really dark brown eyes.

Her skin, was as well, the perfect tan. But hers was more on the natural side. It was odd to me, because I had always seen her pale as a ghost. I really did think I was in love with her. I didn't love Ashley, what was I thinking?

Wanna know what I was thinking? I'll never see her again. Ever.

Boy, was I wrong, because I saw her, I sure saw her. I saw her turn around and storm back into the house. I saw her march up the stairs, I saw her shaking her head at Kaitlin, and I saw her disappear.

I imagined us together again, happy and shit. Rainbows... and sugar cane.

I was brought back to bitter reality though, as Ash tugged my hand towards a beach chair. She softly push me down onto it as she sat next to me. She still had the smirk on her face. I kinda wanted to kiss it off... No, I couldn't do that. I felt like I was cheating on Will as I held Ash's warm hand. I felt like crap.

I hated her.

It was now getting dark, and most of the people were either now inside, or in Kaitlin's heated pool. Ashley and I sat on one of her many sofas, sharing a plate of Doritos. I felt miserable. I should've been happy, sitting on a nice couch, with my girlfriend, eating doritos, at a party. But I was also breaking my ex-girlfriend's heart, looking like a manwhore, and being the only one in semi formal clothing.

"Jasper, I'm bored." Ash sighed, resting her chin on her fist as she leaned forward.

I patted her back. "I feel for you, so am I."

"Wanna dance?" Her eyes suddenly lighted up.

I nodded, trying to make her happy so she wouldn't hurt me or something. I twirled her, and smiled, just pretending she was Willy, and not Ash. She laughed and we danced with our friends, enjoying the music. Willy was all the way across Kaitlin's over sized second family room, by the fireplace, talking with her old group. She didn't go to the same school either, I heard. I had heard a lot, people were coming up to me often and telling me about Ash, and about Will, and asking me questions I didn't wanna answer. With my girlfriend there anyway.

After the song ended, Ashley went off with her friends. When Will did the opposite, I pushed past the crowds of people, to her. When I spoke her name, she turned around. She had been smiling, but it was now a frown.

"Jasper, why are you talking to me. Ashley will bite your head off." Was the first thing I heard her say for a really long time. I missed her voice, the way she sounded stuffy, valley-girl-ish, and pronounced things weird.

"I wanted to say sorry, and that I mi-"

"Please. Please don't say that." She said looking down, pressing her index finger's knuckle against her forehead.

"Fine, I won't. I'll say that I never want to see you again. How's that, is that alright?" I spat as I walked away from her, hurt more than I'd ever been. She hadn't even done much. I had just hurt myself, and her.

I was such a horrible, horrible person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so yeah. This is sorta half based on true events. Also, everyone in this chapter is based off a person I know, so this was really written with my heart. *Is way too cheezy*

Sorry for such a long wait... hope you guys still love me! :D

Comment, Subscribe if you already haven't, and tell your friend how awesome this story is!