I Don't Like His Skinny Jeans

Chapter 16

After most of our group hushed down a bit, Savannah glanced nervously to me and Jasper, but then returned to her confident facade. It impressed me how well she give that perfect look, never over-confident, never scared, never unsure. She always seemed sure, though.

"Damn." She paused for effect. "I would say 'that's all I've got to say', but that would be a lie, because I'm not just going to stand up and say 'damn'. I'm fucking classy, and it's staying that way. We've done it, we've really done it. Long hours of studying, facebook, not doing our homework, going to the beach, and procrastinating have really shown through on our report cards and we graduated with honors. Now, there's no way in hell that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives, but that doesn't mean we can't plan for that first day. I know most of us aren't going to college, and most of us aren't going to be doing much in our youth, but no one can say we didn't try. Am I right?" Sav raised her glass above her head as she finished off her speech, waiting for everyone to shout 'hooha' or 'yeah' or 'right on!'

Nothing.

"I guess we're popping some cham' at my place then?" Sav raised an eyebrow.

And with that they exited the building. I stayed behind with Savannah to pay the bill (for the damage mostly) and let Jasper get to know my friends outside. I still had that embarrassing feeling of being watched, my hair stiff on my arms and neck, and feeling the warming sensation of shyness on my spine.

"This isn't even close to the end of the night, is it?" Sav sighed, brushing her outgrown bangs aside her face.

"Ha, nope." I laughed pushing the fancy glass door with all my might.

As the door swung open, I felt a warm hand pat my bare shoulder. I shuddered, not because of the cold, but because of who I didn't want it to be. Jasper was a wildfire on the hillside on my calm, serene land of happiness, therefore I did not wish to speak to him. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever he had to say to me, and looked in front of me to give Sav a look of pain, but instead saw Jasper, his mouth ajar. Dumbfounded, I glanced over my shoulder, not knowing what to expect.

"Hey, I don't know if you remember me, but we've ran into each a few times." A familiar, cello like, voice spoke before I had a chance to turn around and see that it was my heart string player.

"P-Patrick? Uh," I laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "yeah, I remember you."

"Sorry about uh, our last encounter. That was just so out of line."

"I agree, it was." I solemnly looked down, and Patrick took a sudden awkward stance, one I recognized anywhere. He was caught off guard. "But that's okay. It's only human instinct."

"Sadly, we still act on instinct." He chuckled. "But anyway, I'll let you get back to your friends, but I just wanted to let you know that I feel like an ass."

I heard my friends leaving the scene. They wouldn't wander too far without me, hopefully. Before I could tell Patrick his apology was accepted, he slipped a card into my hand and patted my shoulder. He walked back into the restaurant. I, without a word, followed my friends. We parted ways for the third time, and I almost felt like I could call him an acquaintance.

Everyone was scattered in small crowds as they walked towards the van that barely fit us all. Jasper happened to be at the back and as he slowed his pace, I thought about us some more. I actually barely knew him. But we seemed to act like we've been inseparable, knowing each other inside and out, but this relationship... or whatever we were, was going to be a little more than an average learning experience.

"Will?" He murmured as we locked wide eyed browns.

"Jasper?"

"I like you." He said, with utter terror cracking in his voice. "And that's a problem."

I chewed the inside of my cheek as I refrained from grinning. He continued, as I stayed silent.

"It's a problem because I want you to be my girlfriend." He said overconfidently.

"So, you're going to fix that, there, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I am." He brushed his fingers against the back of my hand, slipping them into the spaces between my fingers.

"So when are you going to fix it?"

"Oh, eventually. Time may help. Maybe I'll hold my guts in long enough to ask you." He smiled weakly, staring at me, as if searching for an answer in my emotionless expression.

I did not know what to say to that. Could I say anything?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so guise I'm srsly considering rewriting this. The whole story. It's been more than a year since I've updated this, and I just don't like the way I wrote it. It was poor planning on my part. I'd still leave it up, but it'd be unfinished... so if I could get everyone's opinion that'd be fabulous.

If any of you are still alive, anyway...