I Don't Like His Skinny Jeans

April 1st, 2009

I stroke her cheek again with the back of my hand, she smiles and looks out into the distance. I am filled with the giddy feeling of joy and excitement.

"You know Patrick, the sun is really pretty." Willy says, in her sweet, loving voice. I nod and kiss the skin between her hair line and the corner of her eye. She keeps looking out beyond us, beyond the bed we're lying on, beyond the open glass door that leads out to the beach, and beyond the horizon. I just look up at the creamy, baby blue ceiling, with the dark wooden fan.

"What do you think of the dust?" I ask her, she looks over to me, her hands folded on top of her stomach and her legs crossed over each other. We're on either side of the bed, not making contact, just lying there, staring at things.

"It's lovely, just a really pretty gray." She replies, smiling, seeming very interested in the subject. I nod and she smiles bigger, showing her milk colored teeth. Suddenly, she begins to morph, to become smaller, she changes so fast, yet, so slow. I wrap my hand around her still normal sized wrist to try to stop it, but I feel my grip getting looser and looser. I can't help her, she still changes, she still gets smaller. I want to scream, I am so frustrated. I begin to grab at my hair, needing to hold onto something.

"What Patrwick?" The young Willy says, her voice no longer making me feel like jello, but making me feel so.... a word I could not think of.. She looks so similar to the older Will, she has the doll look just like her. The pale, creamy complexion, the lightest bit of color to her cheeks, the dimples just to the corner of her lips, the same small button nose. I become so confused. What had happened? Why was she like this?

The child in the bed jumps off, her head barely visible above the bed, she walks out the door straight in front of her closing the door. I try to get up to run after her, but I can't, I can't move..... anything. The bed then falls from underneath me, I feel everything tighten, my breathing labored, then everything fades to black.


"Patrick! Patrick! Wake up! Are you okay?" Someone yells as they gently shake me. I open my eyes to see Lisa, my girlfriend.

"Uh, yeah." I run my fingers through my thinning hair. "Just a nightmare." I show a small smile, to let her know I'm okay. She smiles back, some of her long curly hair falling in front of her face.

Well, April Fucking Fools.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated for awhile, hope you like this chapter 'cause I'm not sure if I do.
Comments=awesomeness
Comments with suggestions about how you think the story to go=win
Aw, c'mon? Only 4 subscribers? Does it suck that much? There is such a thing as constructive criticism, you know.