I Don't Like His Skinny Jeans

Chapter 8

"Shoot, what's the name of that Bowie song?" Sav shouted from the bathroom. She had been singing Magic Dance for the past five minutes in the shower.

"I dunno! It was in David Bowie: The Movie though!" I shouted to her, the "I dunno" part sarcastically.

"You know! Come on! I'm drawing a freaking blank here!" I heard her pull the curtain back and the water turn off. She came into the bedroom area of the hotel room where I was intently focused on my Tamagotchi. "Tell me. I'm lost, I don't have my laptop with me."

"It starts with a Magical word, and ends with something do to with dancing," she had a blank look on her face. Sitting down, she started to intently think. "You can do it. It's brainteaser.

"You're mean." I laughed, pausing my Tama.

"We really need to get ready. The concert isn't for awhile, but think of those lines!" I walked over to my bag on the floor. I searched through for something cool. It would no doubt be ick-filled and sweaty when the music started playing.

I admit, I was excited to see him.

"Okay, I still need to blow-dry my hair. It looks horrible when I air dry it." She complained.

"What do you think a hair-dryer blows?" I asked her, smiling.

"Um, something scientific.... oh, it's hot air." She turned on her heels, satisfied with her answer.

Then why don't you go outside?!" I yelled to her. I heard her laugh before she turned the blow dryer on.

x

Patrick stared into the dressing room mirror, again, not enjoying what he saw. But still, he looked, adjusting his tie.

"Pat, we go on in five." Pete said, holding up five fingers as he came rushing into the dressing room and grabbing some eye-liner.

"God, guy-liner...." Patrick muttered.

x

"Hey, so, who is this for?" He asked, as kindly as possible in this uncomfortable situation.

Patrick never liked big crowds and he cringed at the thought of being surrounded by staring, excited fans. But, he cared for them and if all they wanted was a picture and an autograph, he'd give it.

"...Bree.... uh, yeah. Bree." A very shaky girl said, her hands in little balls under her chin. She was bouncing up and down and her eyes were an alarming blue-grey.

"Mkay... and here, you, go...." He said as he printed Bree's name and signed his. He smiled and handed her the black Sharpie and shoe, she eagerly took them back and smiled. But it faltered and she turned around, waving someone over. She turned back around and grinned just a merrily as before.

"Wait, you need to meet my sister and her friend! And I still need a picture!" She quickly said as she turned her head again, waving her sister and her sister's friend over. He nodded, his soft smile still plastered on. Meet and Greets were better when people came in groups instead waiting till the last minute to swarm in.

Patrick couldn't find the people Bree was talking about until she greeted two, younger looking girls. Younger than him, but younger than Bree, maybe.

"This is Willy and Savannah, they're not super devoted but Anna loves all the songs on FUCT and Willy really liked the concert!" Bree screamed as she introduced the shy and reluctant girls, he frowned slightly at the name of his ex-girlfriend, but grinned also, hearing a familiar name. He met their eyes and smiled. And then in disbelief, his mouth opened and as some would say 'his jaw dropped to the ground'.

"Um, did we talk at that music store in San Diego? By any chance... what so ever?" He asked the short, dark-haired girl, who was in no way related to Bree.

"Yeah, we did...." She said, almost too quietly, grabbing her elbow with her hand, which quickly made a nervous transition to her neck.

"Yeah, you were checking her out!" The other girl, with dirty blonde hair and the same eyes as Bree, almost screamed. His eyes widened and almost moved his hand to her mouth, to cover up the not-so-worthy secret. Willy's eyes opened more as well, quickly slapping her friend in the arm with the back of her hand.

"You know Patrick Stump?" Bree asked, flabbergasted. Suddenly, his attention was shortly directed to Bree, silently laughing on the inside, Patrick had completely forgotten about her.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend...?" Patrick heard someone from the herd of people, say.

His palms began to sweat and he had that horrible chilling feeling go down his spine. What if Lisa discovered this this? She'd freak, like the incident with the group showers, and Vicky-T. He did not want to deal with her, or this for that matter.

"Yeah... like anybody is going to believe that...." Willy, her harmonic voice flooding his ears, said. He looked at her, wanting to do so many things, but only saying:

"Exactly."

From that moment on, it stayed silent between the four of them, although not around them. It was like that awkward moment that had everyone tongue-twisted and unclear to what would happen next. That is, until two girls with side bands, squished to their faces with thin headbands, warily asked Patrick to sign their Folie a Deux CDs. He nodded, directing his attention to them, as the three girls from California slowly walked away to their rented car.

I can't believe that was him.....He looked so scared, so mad, so relieved, all at the same time.

I can't believe I acted likethat....She looked so shy, so happy, so stressed, all at once. It was surreal
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, not my favorite chapter, but at least it's something. Comments and subscribtions are so jokes, you should do it.