We Just Wanna Live

Chapter 3

"Hayden, how many times have I told you NOT TO BLARE THAT MUSIC?"
"Sorry mom, I don't like counting remember?" I replied cheekily. She glared at me and climbed downstairs and continued her phone conversation.
"Geez." Blake said.
"What, your parents never yell at you?" I asked.
"No, but...meh."

We sat in silence for a while, some Papa Roach song playing on the radio.
Then Basket Case came on, and we started singing along. A little too loudly I might add.
Mom came back upstairs and said "Thats it, you kids are sleeping outside."
I burped in reply, and while Aaron and Blake laughed their heads off, my mom just said that we were worse than boys. We weren't worse than boys, we were better. Ha ha.
Aaron, Blake, and I gathered our things where we set our stuff up on the lawn and talked about random stuff for a long time, until we finally drifted off to sleep.
****************************************************************************************************Matt's House, earlier that day.*Matt's POV*
Me, Billy, travis, and Ben came through my front door and found my mom sitting on our old brown couch watching Opera.
"hey kids, where have you been?" she asked absentmindedly.
"Uh, we were getting hasseled a little bit thats all." I said as we started walking to my room.
"Oh, okay." She said, eyes still glued to the TV.
"What are we gonna do now, sit here?" Travis asked.
"Yeah, you got a better idea?" I asked, kind of irked that mom was hogging the TV.
"Yeah, i do actually." Travis started ripping through my CD's, trying to find a good one. He found the old AC/DC Highway to Hell disc of my dad's.
"Yeah! This stuff is soo old."
We all started our little air band, where we all just jumped around and pretended to play guitar. Kinda lame, I know but i couldn't afford a real one anyway. Or lessons, so I stuck to skating. The CD finished playing and we decided we were hungry.
We went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to find... not really anything that could satisfy four teenage boys.
"Mom, there's nothing to eat!" I whined.
"Find something!" By now, Dr. Phil was on, she wouldn't miss that for the world.
"Gah!" We dug into the grapes and leftover chicken and on commercial break I suggested we order a pizza. I flipped the pages of the phone book until I found Round Table.
We all settled on pepperoni, sausage and lots of cheese.
About twenty minutes later, the pizza boy came and I handed him his money and grabbed the pizza out of his hand. I set it down on the table, opened the lid thing and there before us, was the glorious, cheesy, meaty beautiful thing before us. I swear I heard an angelic choir in the background. It was devoured in five minutes. We collapsed on the floor, burping and laughing all the way.
"Okay, boys, that's enough.This room is starting to smell wierd. We left the remains of the pizza box on the table and went back in my room.
'So, how 'bout those girsl we say today?"Ben said.
"Yeah, they were pretty smokin'." Travis said. I blushed when they started talking about the shortish, blond one.
"As. Mattys got a wittle cwush!" Billy exclaimed. He grabbed at my cheeks like a grandma would and I slapped his arm. He snapped his fingers in a Z formation and said, "Oh no you di' int!!" We stared at him. That kid does that a little too good. We stayed up talking for a while, until mom finally let us have the TV back, where we just watched a bunch of sports stuff, until we were bored enough to sleep.

The next morning, I awoke to something dangling over my head. It was grey, and fuzzy and smelled really funky. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" I yelled and fell off the sofa I had crashed on.
Billy laughed histerically, waking Travis and Ben, who also started laughing.
"Dude, I went pee in your toilet, then I found your cat and dipped his tail in it! How GENIUS is THAT?"
"That isn't funny, put the poor guy down!" Smoky, my cat started meowing and clawing at Billy and he finally let the poor guy down.
"Jesus. thats a great way to wake a guy up, thanks, thank you very much, attempting to wipe the pee that dripped on my shirt.
"Gross" I changed really fast and we all sat in my room, trying to think of something to do, without success.
Mom had already left for work, she was a receptionist at a doctors office.
We finally setteld on going back to the skate park. I actually wore clean clothes this time, seeing as how the girls might be there again. We set out the door, wondering what adventures were in store for us next, if any.