We Were Right From The Start

prologue

One year later, I found myself in pretty much the same position, but this time in a flat. Liam and I had both been accepted into the same university. It wasn’t my first choice of schools, but I got to live with and see Liam whenever I wanted so I was happy. "How's Sam doing?" Liam asked me as he tightened his arm around my waist.
"Good," I smiled. "I think Gran is worried about Sam going to school."
"Why? Does she think he won't like it?" he asked, concern in his voice.
"No, the opposite," I laughed. "She's worried he'll make so many friends he'll never be there anymore..." Liam laughed as well and pulled me closer to him. I turned in his arms and looked at him. He had got into Manchester University on a rugby scholarship, but he was studying History as he had said he would.

I had been meaning to talk to Liam about something, and now seemed as good of a time as any. "Hey, Liam," I said softly and he looked up at me. "Um...if we live together when we live school..." I saw him frown and I stopped, unsure what I had said wrong.
"When we live together," he corrected and I smiled and kissed him tenderly.
"When we live together...you know that...Sam might have to live with us as well," I said and Liam smiled and nodded.
"I know," he said. "And honestly, I can't wait. I love that kid." I grinned and hugged him tightly.
"I love you so much," I whispered in his ear and his arms tightened around me.
"I love you," he said softly. I lay in his arms, completely content.

I never heard from my mum again, but as Liam had said. As long as I was happy with myself and my life, I don’t need her to be happy as well. If she would rather be somewhere else, then I didn't need her. Sam had found it hard, initially, getting used to the change, but he loved living with Gran and Granddad. And they loved having him. Liam was right about that.

I moved out of my dad's house as soon as I turned 18 and stayed with my grandparents the few months before Liam and I went to university.

I can't believe that the boy I had grown up with, grown away from and then fallen in love with is still with me. And by the looks of things, he's never going to leave again. Don't you think it's strange how sometimes, when you're kids, you get it right first try?
♠ ♠ ♠
immensely cheesy ending. :-D
i think i ended it too quickly...but i didnt want to draw it out unnaturally so...
comment??