We Were Right From The Start

eight

Liam and I just about finished our presentation that afternoon, but we planned to meet on Monday after school to finish it. I nodded and smiled at him. He was sitting at my desk again and I was still on my bed. "What happened to us?" I asked him softly while we were meant to be thinking if there was anything we had missed out. Liam turned to me slowly and met my eyes. He knew what I meant, he didn't have to ask. "Why did we have to drift apart?" Liam came over and crouched in front of me. I looked down at him and he smiled slightly.
"I don’t know, but, in a way, I'm glad we fell out," he said and I frowned slightly.
"Why?" I asked softly.
"If we'd stayed friends, we'd probably be friends now," he said and I still frowned. "Nothing more," he added and I understood.
"We're more now?" I asked softly and Liam smiled.
"I like to think so," he smiled and I grinned and kissed him softly.
"It's been almost 13 years," I said softly and Liam nodded.
"Do you remember nursery?" he asked and I smiled slightly. He moved and sat next to me and took my hand.
"Kinda," I said. "I remember playing in the sandpit that first day where I met you," I smiled. "And..." A scene suddenly jumped in front of my eyes and I smiled. "And I remember when...who was the teacher?"
"Mrs Norman," he said and I smiled slightly.
"You've got a very good memory," I said and he smiled and nodded.
"What was it that you remember?" he asked and I smiled.
"Mrs Norman was reading to us and we were sitting on the pink and blue rug. I remember sitting there cross legged and then you reached out and threaded your fingers through mine. I remember blushing and giggling. I remember you were blushing as well." I smiled at him and then moved my hands so our fingers were entwined, like they were back when we were 4 years old. I looked up and met his eyes and my heart started racing. He smiled slightly and then raised his hand and brushed the back of his fingers along my cheek. His eyes scanned all over my face and finally returned to my eyes.
"You're so beautiful," he whispered and pleasure flooded my senses. I was about to thank him but he kissed me before I could say I word. However, I didn't object. Liam pulled me closer to him and rested his hands on my waist and kissed me deeply.

Too soon, Liam pulled away. I looked up at him to see why he had pulled away but he wasn’t looking at me. I followed his gaze and saw Sam in the doorway looking at us. "Sam? Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.
"What's for tea?" he asked and I sighed.
"Pizza sound good to you?" I asked and he grinned, nodded and left again. I wondered what it was that he was doing that was keeping him so occupied. I turned to Liam and smiled. "You're staying, right?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.
"Sure," he said and kissed my temple tenderly before going back to the computer and saving what we had just spent hours working on. I smiled as he fiddled with the computer.
"Come downstairs when you're done, ok," I said and he nodded as he typed something briefly.

I went downstairs into the kitchen and picked up the phone and phoned Dominos. I ordered one margarita pizza and one pepperoni. I went into the living room and saw Liam and Sam watching television happily. I smiled at them and sat on the sofa next to Liam. He smiled at me softly and put his arm around my waist. I cuddled into his side. Sam then got up off the floor and came and sat on my lap and got comfortable. We were watching The Incredibles, one of Sam's favourite movies when the doorbell went. I got up and grabbed some money and gave it to the delivery man. I thanked him and then carried the two boxes into the living room. I put them on the coffee table and opened them. Sam immediately dived for the margarita pizza and I laughed at his enthusiasm. Liam smiled as well and then picked up a pepperoni slice. I did the same and then sat back down next to him. Sam stayed on the floor this time, next to the food.

By the time the film had finished, most of the pizza had gone, Sam having 3 slices and Liam and I finishing one between us. Most of the margarita was still there, so I put it in the fridge. When I got back into the living room, Sam was dozing against Liam's side. I smiled slightly and picked Sam up. His head fell onto my shoulder and he fell into a deeper sleep. Liam turned the television off and followed me upstairs again. I put Sam into bed and pulled his trousers off and then covered him with the duvet. He snuggled down and buried himself into the bed. I turned to see Liam watching me tenderly. I smiled and we left the room silently.

We moved into my room and sat next to each other on the bed. "Now what?" I asked softly.
"I dunno," he said and turned to me. "Tell me when I should go, ok?"
"I don’t want you to," I said as I looked into his eyes. He smiled and closed the distance between our lips with a tender kiss.
"Good," he said softly. I smiled.
"You'll stay?" I asked and he nodded and smiled slightly. "What about your parents? Won't they worry?" I asked. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly dialled his home number. When he was dialling I realised that I could still remember his phone number from the number of times I had phoned it in the past.
"Hey," he said after the phone connected. "It's me...No, I'm staying with a friend...Yeah, ok...No...ok, bye." He closed his phone and then turned back to me and smiled. "I just have to be home by 11, but I can stay here." I smiled and moved into his arms and he held me tightly. I was perfectly content to just stay there all night, but eventually I pulled away and looked up at him.
"Do you wanna go watch a movie?" I asked and he nodded and smiled.
"Sure, what one?" he asked and I shrugged. "Let's see what you've got then."

We went downstairs and decided on watching From Hell. I didn't tell Liam that I loved the movie because of Johnny Depp. Throughout the film I sat close to Liam and he held me tightly. I loved feeling wanted in the possessive way Liam wouldn’t let me move away. When the film had finished it was 11.30. We went back upstairs and I sat on my bed and Liam sat on the desk chair. I looked at him and smiled softly, a slight blush forming on my cheeks. Liam smiled at me and then came and sat next to me and kissed both of my cheeks where I was blushing. He then stood up and turned the light off and then came back over to me. The moon outside was bathing the room in a pale light so I could see Liam as he moved towards me. He sat back next to me and kissed me tenderly. I put my hand on his cheek and slowly lay back and he lay over me as he continued to kiss me. He pulled back after a while and lay beside me on the bed, his head on the pillow. I turned to face him and he wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and rested my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat and slow breathing and eventually felt my eyes close and I fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment? =]