Status: I finally updated... expect more =)

When No One's Watching

07.

The week dragged on slowly, and all I could think of was my date with Tanner on Friday. I assumed we were going out to dinner or something before the basketball game, because it didn’t start until six thirty. I began to wonder where we were going to go, and I was hoping it wouldn’t be too fancy. Which brought another worry into my head; what was I going to wear? These thoughts buzzed around in my head all week, until Friday finally came, and when it did, I was ready.

At three twenty-nine, I was ready to run out the doors of my classroom, and get home as quickly as possible to meet Kendra. Kendra and I had planned to meet up before my date, and she was going to help me get ready, meaning, attack me with makeup and hair supplies. I was starting to think she was more excited for me going on this date than I was, and I’m pretty excited as it is.

The bell rang and I hurried to my locker, put away my books and grabbed my coat, before darting to my car.

“D’Aunno!” I herd a familiar voice shout.

“Yeah?” I turned around to face Tanner and his wide smile.

“I was going to just remind you of tonight, but I think I’m more curious as to why you’re running,” He commented. I blushed; I hadn’t realized I was running.

“I, um, uh, need to get home, you know, to feed my, uh,” I had no idea why I was this nervous. I had never been this way around him before. Maybe it was just because the date was tonight. Either way, I still needed to finish my sentence. I looked around rapidly, before my eyes fell on a lobster pin attached to a passerby’s book bag. “My lobster,” I concluded.

Tanner let out an amused chuckle and I nearly died. What was wrong with me today? I need to feed my lobster? What the hell?

“Well, you do that, and I’ll see you tonight,” He said, flashing a grin before turning to go to his car. I shook my head in confusion as I started my car for the drive home. I pulled into my driveway and noticed Kendra’s car was already there.

“Earth to Kendra,” I mocked, knocking on her car window, which shifted her attention from her phone, to me. She smiled and opened the door.

“Make up time!” Kendra grinned, and it scared me. I barely had any more time to think before she pulled me into the house and up to my room. I sat down tentatively at my desk chair while I watched her pull a make up bag out of her backpack. She began my eye make up, and all the time, I could not stop fidgeting my hands.

“Sam, are you alright?” Kendra asked, taking the eye shadow brush away from my face.

“Um, not really. I’m nervous,” I admitted.

“You’ll be fine, Tanner is really into you, plus, you’ve known each other for long enough that this shouldn’t be too nerve racking,” She reassured me.

“Well, yeah, that’s what I try to tell myself, but after school today, he came and talked to me, and I just ended up sounding like an idiot,” I admitted, completely embarrassed.

“What did you have to feed this time?” Kendra asked, sighing.

“A lobster,” I said meekly, looking at my friend for support.

“How many times has this happened with a guy? You just need to calm down, Sam,” Kendra advised as she began to French braid my hair. I sighed and checked the clock. It was already four thirty.

“What am I going to wear?” I asked Kendra. Like I said, I’m not good with the whole dating thing.

“Jeans, and I nice-ish top I guess, nothing too fancy, you are going to a basketball game after all,” Kendra responded as she finished my hair. I nodded in agreement and stood up to go to my closet. After getting dressed, I sat down on my bed with my legs crossed, facing Kendra.

“Still nervous?” Kendra asked, giving a half smile, “You’ll be fine.”

“Yeah, I hope so,” I responded, before changing the topic, “So, how’s the whole ‘get Will to fall madly in love with you plan’ going?” I asked slyly; then winced as Kendra hit me with a pillow.

“If you must know, it is going quite well. We’ve been talking a lot in English. I think he might ask me out soon,” Kendra responded with a giggle. I smiled. I love Kendra to death, she’s just so much fun.

Just then the doorbell rang. “I’ll wait here, until you leave,” Kendra told me.

“Okay, bye,” I said, giving her a weak smile.

“I’ll see you after your date, because you will need to tell me everything,” Kendra demanded. I smiled and waved goodbye before bounding out of my room and to the front door. Out of breath, I opened the door to see Tanner there in all of his breathtaking glory.

“Hey!” I greeted him happily.

“You look great,” Tanner said, smiling down at me.

“Thank you,” I giggled.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I closed the front door, “Where are we going?”

“I was thinking we could go to Panchero’s real quick before the game,” Tanner responded, as he held the car door open for me. I nodded. He got in the car himself, and we pulled out of the driveway. Before we left, I looked up at my house, and I swore I saw Kendra peeking out of my bedroom window, giving me a thumbs up. So far, so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, I got comments, and you get an update =D

Peace&Love, Erin