Death Is Just an Obstacle

000

The poor old women’s hand shook as she watched the news.
Her little wrinkled hands dropped the glass that they were holding onto and covered her mouth.
“Grandma?” her granddaughter, Rachel, questioned running to her side, “Are you okay?”
The younger woman placed her hands on her grandmother’s shoulders, pushing her gently. “Do I need to call the doctor?”
The older women shook her head, “No dear, I just….never thought that it’d come back to me, I never thought I’d see it again,” she whispered.
Rachel’s eyes followed where her grandmother’s where staring at.
On the news was a hand drawn picture, that they say was found at the bottom of the ocean, in the Titanic.
She gave her mother a confused look.
“Turn it up please, Dear,” her grandmother begged.
Rachel quickly turned up the television for her grandmother.
They both turned their full attention to the TV, listening to the reporter.
“Mr. Lovett says that he has found the old safe, with all of these beautiful drawings in there, and we are looking for anyone who could have any information on who this woman is. We think that she might just be the breaking point of this long hard search of three years. Please, call us at-”
“Rachel dear, call that number,” the older woman quickly ordered.
“Why grandma?”
The older woman shook her head “Just do as I say,” she said.
And her granddaughter followed her orders and dialed the number on the screen and let her grandmother talk.
And as she listened, she was astonished at what her grandmother was saying.
The women in the picture was her?