My Heart's Always With You Now

Testify

Matt's POV:

So close. So damn close. I was this close to kissing her, but her fucking phone had to go ring. Whoever it was, was going to die.

"Hey, Jason," Olivia greeted. Jason. Figures. I was gonna kill him anyways at some point.

"Hey, babe. Where are you?" I heard him ask.

"The park with the guys."

"Jessica?"

"With Matt's parents."

"Why didn't you leave her with me?" Olivia let out an exasperated sigh.

"I've told you before, Jessica prefers staying with Matt's parents."

"Is she still calling Matt 'Dad'?"

"Yeah."

"How was court?" I started tapping my foot. Olivia looked apologetically at me.

"Good. I'm pretty sure Jessica is going to stay with me."

"Are you going to let me testify?"

"No."

"Why not?" Jason demanded.

"Because I know you'd make sure Jake gets Jessica."

"Bu-"

"Good bye, Jason."

"Bu-" Olivia shut her phone with a snap, looking pissed.

"He wants Jake to get Jessica?" I asked her. She nodded. "And you want that, do you?" She shook her head. "Why aren't you saying anything?" She shrugged. "Come on. Say something." Olivia stayed silent. "Don't make me do what you hate the most."

"You wouldn't," she said, looking at me through narrowed eyes.

"I would," I said, smirking.

"Don't you dare."

Olivia's POV:

Matt suddenly lunged at me and started tickling me. I started laughing, trying to wiggle away.

"Stop! Stop! Uncle! Uncle! Mercy!" I laughed. Laughing, he stopped tickling me. I looked into his hazel eyes. "Thank you, Matt. For everything you've done," I said softly, kissing his cheek.

"No problem," he said, smiling and showing off his dimples.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish. Meh. Comment please.