She doesn't love you, but I do.

My brother's band

Frank and I got closer. He became my best friend. We’re always there for each other. I always like to remember that day when we met. It was summer vacation, and Frank and I had been seeing a lot of each other.

What do you expect? We’re best friends!

“Who’s this Frank you always talk about Hailey?” Gerard asked me

“My friend,” I said scribbling in my science book

“I think we should meet him, don’t you think Mike? We’ve heard a lot about him,” Gerard said. I sighed.

Gerard was in collage along with Mikey. They were in a band; they are always practicing. There’s Ray the guitarist, Bob the drummer, Mikey is the bassist and Gerard is the lead singer. They are actually very good.

“Please Gerard, give me a break,” I said. Sooner or later Frank would have to come over I guess.

“Saturday night Hail,” Mikey said. I jumped up and ran into my room.

I lied on my bed and gazed up at the ceiling. Why do they want to meet him? Arrrggg! It’s not like we’re going out. I picked up the phone and dialled.

“Hello?” answered Frank

“Hey it’s Hailey,”

“What’s up?” He said

“Do you wana come over to my house on Saturday night?” I asked him

“…. Erm sure, what time do you want me to be there?”

“Six,” I said

“Okay, see you then.” He hung up. I sighed.

This is going to be a train wreck.

Saturday night came fast. Five fifty-five, he should be here soon. I sat in the living room with Gerard. Mikey was making coffee.

“You like this guy?” he asked

“He’s my friend,” I said

“Sure. Hailey you can tell me you know!” Gerard said

“Jesus Gee! I can’t have a good friend who happens to be a guy?” I asked

“I guess,” he said looking a bit… unconvinced.

*Ding Dong*

My heart skipped a beat. It was Frank. I jumped up and ran to the door but… too late. Mikey had answered it.

HAILEY! YOU’RE BOYFRIEND IS HERE!!” he said so loud.

Even though I was stood next to him. I cringed and invited him in. We sat in the living room. Err! Awkward silence.

“So Frank? Play any instruments?” Mikey asked him. He played the guitar.

“Yeah, I play the guitar!” He said. Frank was amazing at it.

“Awesome, we’re in a band.” Gerard said. Frank nodded. “Wana play something for us?”

Oh no. Why did he have to say that?

“Sure,” Frank said. Gerard got his guitar and passed it to Frank.

“What can you play?” Mikey asked.

Frank stared to play Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins. My brother’s seemed impressed. After that we all watched a movie. Some scary movie Gerard picked. Something weird happened after.

“Frank?” Gerard asked, “stay the night, I want you to meet the band. Frank agreed and spent the night.

I didn’t have a say in this. Even though he was my friend.

The next day I woke up fairly early hearing my brothers’ band practicing. I grunted and crawled out of bed. I pulled on a large jumper and looked at myself in the mirror.

I saw adverage sized girl with dark brown hair passing her chin, down onto her shoulers. Her emerald green eyes glowed and her pale skin reflected light. That's me.

I galdly walked away from the mirror and walked slowly down stairs. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass and poured myself some orange juice.

“Nice jumper,” I turned sharply around to see Frank stood there fully clothed.

“Hey Frankie,” I said.

“I have something to tell you Hail.” Frank said. God, what’s happened?

“What’s happened?” I asked

“I’m in your brothers’ band!” he said. I smiled and congratulated him. It was great!

“I’m happy for you Frankie!” I said hugging him.

I am glad, but now my brother’s would be spending more time with Frank. Is that a good thing? Or bad?