She doesn't love you, but I do.

That what you get

Mom’s was totally boring.

I was sat next to her while she snogged her ‘boyfriend’ Ricky. Yuck! I walked home at about nine. I was still wishing my brothers and Frank would come back.

Just for tonight.

I turned the key inside the lock and walked inside expecting someone to yell “SUREPRISE! We told you we wouldn’t miss you’re birthday!!” but nothing.

I sighed and walked up stairs. I flopped on my bed to relax. It wasn’t working. I slipped under my covers and closed my eyes.

“I want you back Frankie,” I said to myself.

I closed my eyes tighter trying ignore the tears forming. I sniffled and buried my head into my pillow.

It was late at night. I heard something downstairs that woke me up. I tried to ignore it but it kept going. Tap, tap, tap. Bang, bang, bang. It went on for about half an hour when I figured I’d better go and have a look.

I pulled my jumper on and my slippers and walked downstairs slowly. It was really dark and the lights were down the stairs. I was getting scared. Tap, tap, tap. Bang, bang, bang. I shuddered. I turned the hall light on and there was nothing. I heard a loud crash come from the kitchen. I slowly walked over and pushed the door open.

There was a guy stood at the sink. I tip toed over to him

“Boo!” someone yelled behind me. I gave out a huge shriek. It was Mikey. I turned around and hugged him so tightly.

“I didn’t think you’d be back!” I said. The guy who was at the sink turned around and I realised it was Gerard. I let out a sigh of relief.

“I know! Neither did we! But at the last minute the band that cancelled on Taking Back Sunday showed up and we would rather have come home to see you Hail!” Mikey said.

I was so happy. He was a bit late, because yesterday was my birthday, but at least they are here. I looked around

“… Where’s Frank?” I asked. Mikey and Gerard looked around at each other.

“H-he’s in the bus but Hailey there’s something you need to know-!” he said.

I ignored him and ran out of the door and up the tour bus. Oh god Frank, I can’t wait to see you! I walked in and up the stairs and I was so shocked I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Who was Frank kissing?!

“Frank?” I said, “Who’s this?” I asked. He looked up and stood up.

“Hailey!?” he said, “T-this is Shannon,” he said.

She was blond, big boobed and skinny. The envy of every girl, I don’t envy her because of her looks, I envy her because she was kissing my best friend.

“Y-you’re kissing her?” I asked. He was silent

“Frankie baby is my boyfriend. Who are you?” Shannon asked me giggling

“I’m Hailey Way, Frank’s my best friend,” Frank stood there looking gormless.

He didn’t know they were coming home early. He didn’t tell me he was dating someone. H-he told me he loved me. Shannon started kissing Frank. Frank stood there looking awkward.

Tears swelled in my eyes. I felt one sneak up on me and crawl down my face. I turned on my heal and ran out back into the house.

I heard Frank calling me but I ignored him. I ran up to my room and cried my heart out.

That’s what you get when you let your heart win.

This was a mistake. I went in the bus with a smile and walked out in tears.

She doesn’t love you Frank. I do.