Running From the Mafia Boss

Everyone Loves to Party Right? #01

“Shit.” I muttered as I watched the hideously coloured bobby pin snap in two. One piece fell off into my hands while the other got stuck inside the lock. I crouched down peering into the rusty metal hole and tried to pry it out with my nails.

A few minutes later my fingers were sore and I was getting progressively more and more annoyed. I huffed loudly and pulled out another pin and tried again, hoping to knock out the other bit as I worked.

It was evening, the sky was midnight blue a few stars dotted here and there, and the large full moon shone brightly across my front lawn illuminating almost everything around it. I glanced back up at my ridiculously large house, only a few lights were on and I spotted some of my dad’s bodyguards standing watch over the front door.

“He’ll kill me if he finds me out what I’m doing.” I giggled quietly, jiggling the lock more vigorously and praying that it opened. But nothing, the garage door stood firmly in place not budging one little bit.

“Someone up there really does not want me going out tonight.” I thought staring up at the heavens before sighing and grabbing the handle again. The garden was quiet, too quiet you could get nothing done around here without being spotted by my fathers goons. Many a time had I been dragged back to the house kicking and screaming. It infuriated me that I was always watched, personal space obviously meant nothing to these people.

But not tonight. I had managed to get away from my stalkers and made it all the way to the garage without being spotted, although this stubborn door may be my downfall. I’d been invited to go clubbing and by god I was not sitting in on another Friday night. It wasn’t my fault my father had so many people out to get him and because of this I had to give up my precious teenage years just so I could sit in my bedroom being watched over by dumb and dumber.

“Come on please.” I pleaded pressing my cheek against the cold door attempting to use affection to persuade it open, “please open.”

I gave the handle one last shake and almost jumped for joy as I heard a small click and the metal door swung away freely. I glanced behind me to make sure no-one had heard my cry for joy and dipped down to grab my heels before padding through the doorway into the garage.

The smell of oil and petrol hit me as soon as I entered and I glanced around quickly making sure I was alone. I’d been gone for sometime, my stalkers must have run and told on me by now. I was surprised my father hadn’t come out yelling vulgar obscenities and telling me to get back in the house right this minute.

As I walked light flooded through out the hall and super car after super car appeared, each one of them just calling out for me to drive them 50 miles over the speed limit.
I grinned wickedly running my fingertips across the shiny bonnets as I decided which one would be the most practical.

“Hmmm…” I mused walking in and out of the cars examining them, “the Aston Martin would be fast and, god it’s a smooth ride although the Lamborghini is like an absolute monster, I’ve never had such an adrenaline kick”

For a minute I thanked my father for being so vain. He always had to have the best and most expensive cars even if they never seen the light of day, he just wanted them to say he had them. That’s not what these cars were about, they weren’t show items. They were incredible bits of machinery that could kill you if you push them even the tiniest little bit over the edge.

I nodded toward the Lambo choosing a pure adrenaline rush over a smooth and comfortable ride. I threw my black heels in the back and opened the car door, but stopped when I spotted a pure beauty sitting perfectly motionless in the furthest away corner. Every edge, every angle of it was screaming at me sit in it and drive it faster than I’d ever gone in my life.

I never looked back once as I climbed into the driver’s seat and moaned as the engine purred. The garage lights guided me through until the exit was in sight, I gripped the steering wheel knowing that as soon as I cleared the door everyone including my father would see me and come roaring after me.

The car purred a little louder reminding me I was safe in the hands of the Ferrari, I stroked the gold chain around my neck which had the same name that was emblazoned underneath the black stallion.

I could hear my father’s voice already.

“Levi Ferrari get back in that fucking house right now!!”

I breathed deep letting the fumes from the engine steal me away and smiled wide before hitting the gas pedal and zooming through the doorway.

“Sir! Sir! She’s in the Ferrari!”

Voices screamed at me from every direction as I turned sharply almost killing one of the bodyguards in the process.

“Ooops! Sorry!” I laughed speeding toward the gates. The engine drowned out the sound of everyone yells and my hair whipped behind me billowing freely in the breeze. I cleared the gates with no problem as my father had already barked orders at them to open them quickly before I damaged his precious car. The woods that we lived in rushed past me, turning into a sea of brown and green, I laughed again remembering the faces of his goon’s as they ducked and dived for cover.

“This is gonna be one good night”

****

“Lee! You finally made it, for a minute there I thought you were bailing on me again!” cried Sarah as she fought her way through the sweaty bodies to embrace me.

“Nahhh. Piece of cake” I grinned, she looked at me funnily enquiring as to why I was smiling like a maniac but I shook my head deciding to fill her in later. When there weren’t so many people around to ease drop, if there was one thing I learned from my father it was to wait until you were sure no-one was listening, “even the walls have ears” he used to say.

“Well anyway, you have to come meet these guys. They’re sooo hot!” she squealed grabbing my hands and dragging me through the masses of bodies all rubbing up against each other to the techno beats pumping through the speakers.

“Jeremy, David this is the girl I was telling you about” shouted Sarah pulling me forward so they could get a proper look see. They both looked me up and down with surprised expressions, clearly they weren’t expecting this.
My hot pink dress was something out of the ordinary for me I must say. I never wore pink and my black fishnet tights and equally black stiletto’s managed to set off the outfit quite nicely. My hair was black with a slight tint of deep purple through it and it covered most of my face with a sweeping fringe. My skin was pale and in these lights I would constantly change from red, to green, to purple and then back to red again. I smiled at the waving my perfectly manicured black nails in there direction.

“What did I tell you she’s a babe right?!”

I laughed at Sarah’s comment and allowed her to pull me toward a seat. Jeremy shuffled over to make room for me and soon I found myself wedged between both men as Sarah bounded off again to get another round of drinks in. They were both good looking, just like Sarah said but they weren’t heart melting…infact they didn’t do much for me. We sat in silence for a few minutes staring out at the swaying bodies before David finally spoke up.

“So are you like…Emo or something?” he asked looking me up and down again, stopping particularly on my nails. I never even flinched, I’d had this question over a million times since I’d changed all the way back in high school.

“No. I like to think of myself as more of a rocker” I winked sticking my tongue out.

“A rocker?” asked Jeremy joining in on our conversation and he too decided to look me up and down this time stopping on my pink dress. A pink and black combo never really screamed Barbie girl at me.

“Oh please the pink dress is out of the normal trust me. This is the only pink thing I own, I only picked it because I new I was coming out tonight and I needed and excuse to wear these fishnets”

“Drinks guys!” cried Sarah squeezing back through to the table with a tray of drinks in her hands. I sat quietly sipping my cocktail taking in my surroundings when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

It was Jeremy.

“Wanna dance?” he asked holding his hand out for me to take.

“Sure” I smiled following him to the middle of the dance floor.

****

Hours later my hair was sticking to my face and I could feel the effects of my drinks taking its toll on me. The room as starting to spin and people who I would never have touched with a ten foot barge pole were suddenly becoming strangely attractive. I’d managed to loose Jeremy about and hour into dancing and ended up dancing with anyone who would take me, all in all I was having a good time.

“Hi there” I giggled, talking to a weedy boy with large taped up glasses. I twisted loose strands of hair around my fingers and tried to bat my eyelashes attractively.

“Hey babe” he replied closing the distance between us so we were pressed up against each other in the sweltering heat. I giggled girlishly and slipped my arm around his waist.

“Why don’t we go somewhere a little more quiet?” I asked putting my hands on his shoulders to steady myself. His brown eyes widened at my offer and he nodded quickly grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the toilets.

“No. Lee come on I better get you home” called Sarah coming from somewhere behind me and snatching my hand out of the ugly boy’s grasp and attempting to persuade me toward the exit.

“No Sarah I was just about to have sex!” I yelled trying to get back to the boy, completely oblivious to the amount of stares I was getting as I continued to make a scene.

“Lee, seriously you’ll thank me for this in the morning” she replied holding onto me with her vice like grip. I stopped and turned her to face me grasping her shoulders and staring into her eyes, why didn’t she understand…he was amazingly hot!

“Sarah…are you drunk?!” I said, “you really can’t see how hot that dude is?!”

“You know, that speech may have been a lot more convincing if one, you hadn’t slurred every word in that sentence and two, that ‘hot guy’ over there didn’t just ask one of his equally nerdy friends to pop a zit on his back for him” she said cringing at the site.

I shrugged clearly not taking in any of her words and again tried to get back to the boy.

“Okay that’s it. You are definitely going home now” she finished finally succeeding in yanking me toward the exit and out in to the fresh midnight air.

All I remember of the drive home was Sarah telling me to not be sick in my fathers Ferrari and then loud, loud car horns, lights and something hitting us hard and fast.
Something that pushed us way off the road, the sound of metal straining under the pressure and Sarah’s screams filled the air before I blacked out…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment.comment.COMMENT! XD