Running From the Mafia Boss

Anger Issues #03

“Fuck me, seriously Fuck.Me.”

“Why the hell is this necessary?”

“I’ve been carted halfway across the fucking world to hide from some lunatic mafia boss and they think the best thing for me is high school?!”

“I thought I was finally free from these shit holes”

Vulgar obscenity after another came tumbling out of my mouth as I trudged very, unwillingly toward the dull grey building that loomed before me.

The weather seemed to join in on my foul mood as a deafening crack of thunder sounded and a flash of white light lit up the sky. The heavens opened and large splodges of rain splashed freely around me.

“Awww, yeah, yeah that would JUST be my luck huh!” I seethed pulling the collar of my black bomber jacket up around my neck. My music blasted loudly into my ears blocking out every living thing around me and my drumsticks moved about in my back pocket swaying at the same time as my hips. The ground seemed to be holding much of my interest as I continued on my way toward the school grounds. Puddles were already forming around me soaking my grey converse right through to the socks, just another thing to annoy me today.

My injuries were almost all gone, just a bruise here or there still adorned my figure but other than that, no one here would ever think in there wildest dreams I had gotten into a car crash set up by a rival gang only 2 weeks ago.

Time seemed to have gone so incredibly fast. From partying in the club to lying in hospital to waking up in the back of Rowdy’s black Mercedes. No my father wasn’t joking about the whole sedating thing and yes he had kept up his end of the bargain.

I’d woken up, true to his word in Vermont, a completely different country. A new world, all I had with me were as many of my belongings that I could cram into the two suitcases I was given and Rowdy sitting in the drivers seat. My father had given him exact instructions, I were to stay with Rowdy until he said it was okay for me to come home. For the first few nights I sat by the phone, expecting it to ring any minute. And when it didn’t I grew frustrated and started smashing things.
I huffed.

Vermont. What the hell is there to do in Vermont? Except go shopping with Rowdy’s bimbo.

I really shouldn’t call her that. He was her fiancée, the love of his life as he had said to me. He introduced us when we’d arrived at his house, it was weird I had never pictured Rowdy rocking the white picket fence. In my mind he was the guy that taught me how to burp the alphabet and kick the crap out of people. So when we rolled up to suburbia you can say I was a little shocked.

And you know what?! The good times just kept on coming…the next morning Rowdy had sprung it on me that my father thought it would be a good idea if i went to school. You know, to blend in. Jesus I still didn’t know exactly what I was running from.

Since the time I was born everyone else had always controlled my life, made my decisions for me. My father had always picked “what was best” for me and I was never allowed a say in it. 18 years later and nothing had changed.

So that’s basically how I find myself here, walking to school in the pouring rain muttering about how I’m not even going to try and make friends or converse with anyone. I’ll be scarier than I am welcoming.

The rain continued to pour, it was like a monsoon. Hardly anyone was walking, everyone had opted to take the car to school so I wasn’t really looking where I was going.

“Hey watch it”

A hard shoulder slams into mine almost making me fall over my feet and into the nearest puddle. The air is nearly all knocked out of me as I try to balance myself, walking in a trance is never a good thing.

“Aw dude, you’re like a brick wall seriously!” I wince feeling my shoulder to see if it’s still in its socket. I glance up at my disturbance and catch a tall guy, very muscley staring down at me with a cocky smirk on his face he’s clearly happy that he’s managed to move my thin frame from one end of the path to the other. Next to him is a blonde Barbie all skimpied up looking like she just came from the street corner.

“Ugh whore” she said as I looked her over. My eyebrows raised and I fought to keep that cheekiness in that always manages to get me into sooo much trouble. The guy next to her rubs his cheek trying to keep the smile off his face, my face hardens and my quick temper starts eating away at me.

“Yeah, I’m the whore” I answer nodding and giving her the thumbs up, my eyes look her up and down stopping at her shoes and purposefully looking away to laugh.

“What you lookin at you little bitch” she screeched, taking a step toward me. I swear her voice could crack windows, I wince at the sound.

“Oh no hassle big man, no hassle” I grin putting my hands up in mock defeat. The nut job next to her snorts at my reply and glances down at her for a comeback. As a habit I crack my knuckles way too often, because of this I’m most likely going to die of arthritis, but most people take this as a sign of hostility and I just so happened to do it now.

“Is that a threat” she asks, her nasally voice going straight through me, “cause you know I’d take you right here you little skank”

My hands are almost visibly trembling now and I take a step forward leaning right into her make – up caked face.

“Do you want it to be a threat?” I ask getting ready for her to slap me like most girls do in a fight. She tenses up from my closeness and I feel her start to move but the guy next to us grabs her hand.

“Leave it, I don’t have time for this.” he says pulling her off in another direction.

“Aw but baby I was about to slap that smile right off her face.” she whined making a pathetic attempt to pull away from him.

“I don’t fucking care now move” he barked yanking her so hard her outrageously pink heel almost came flying off. I smirk and cover my face with my hand as I try to stop laughing.

“Have a nice day now” I called out sarcastically as I watched him drag her away. She turned around in all her fake blondeness and flipped me off making me squeal with laughter. The thought of her pink claws trying to get anywhere near me just sent me off into hysterics.

“Awww that has so cheered me up” I chirped bounding through the now deserted gates and into the school.

Let the fun begin.