Running From the Mafia Boss

He Know's How to Press my Buttons #06

The next morning wasn’t any better than the first. I woke up with serial bed head and after almost an hour in front of the bathroom mirror trying to straighten, comb and hairspray it into place I gave up and decided to pull it back. I wandered around my new room with my eye’s closed, occasionally I’d bump into my desk or the end of my bed but I’d carry on feeling around for clothes.

I made it out the house with my drumsticks and a cupcake in hand, 5 minutes before the bell was scheduled to ring. I’d finally decided on a black and grey knit dress with my black waistcoat and black tights, my grey boots clipped along the sidewalk as I made my way to school.

I bobbed my head to the music in my ears and picked apart my cupcake. A car drove past at an alarming speed and I caught sight of James the jock hanging his head out of the window. His smile made my skin crawl and when he wiggled his eyebrow’s I burst out laughing making sure to flip him off before turning back to my breakfast.

I arrived at the school building 15 minutes late. And then I spent another 15 minutes trying to find my first class. Despite the halls being quiet I still got extremely lost and when I did find my class it was almost finished.

“Ahhh Miss Ferrari you finally decided to join us.” smiled the beer bellied teacher, his Irish accent rang clear throughout the class and I couldn’t help but smile, I wanted to imitate him so badly.

“Yeah I wa-“

“Detention.” he amended swivelling his chair back round to face his computer screen. I scowled and opened my mouth to ask on how his game of packman was going but the bell rang cutting me off.

I stomped my way out of the door, shocks of pain flooded through my legs with each step. I reached into my boot and took out my with timetable, I had no bag with me today so there was no better place to keep it. Unless I stashed it in my underwear but then I’d have to keep running to the bathroom each period to check what was next.

My eye’s scanned the sheet.

Tuesday – Period 2 – Physical Education.

“That sure is a funny place to keep your timetable.” someone with a deep honey like voice said in my ear. I jumped slightly from the closeness and inched away before turning round to glare at them.

“And, so what? Are you spying on me now?” I questioned the tall dark detention hall guy standing smirking in front of me. His faded out jeans fit him perfectly and I could practically smell the petrol fumes coming off his cotton navy t-shirt. On his feet were a pair of black motorbike boot’s but strangely enough, they went perfectly with his outfit.

“Maybe I am what are you going to do about it?” he questioned leaning his shoulder against some nearby lockers. I narrowed my eyes, I was already getting tired of his snide comments.

“I can do a lot more about it than you could ever imagine, trust me.” I snapped back turning on my heel to clip around the perfectly polished hall’s until I found the gym. I heard him snigger behind me ad my hand’s started trembling with anger. I clenched and unclenched them imagining his head in my palms.

“Like what?” he challenged easily falling into step with my angry ones. I glanced sideway’s at his insanely handsome face and carried on walking. I turned a corner swiftly and almost feared I was going to fall but recovered at the last minute.

“Watch yourself.” he laughed and I tried to hold back my blush. My hands trembled more violently now, this was his entire fault.

“Hey, I asked you a question come on now answer it.” he demanded, a slight tone in his voice told me he was used to getting what he wanted and he was used to getting it straight away. I smiled a little seeing a chance of winding him up. I looked at him.

“Isn’t that the same shirt you wore yesterday?” I asked stopping abruptly and crossing my arms.

He snorted, “Now look who’s the stalker.”

I scowled and took off down the corridors again, turning my head left and right for any signs of the gym.

“You’re looking for the gym right?” he drawled still standing at the other end of the hallway. I turned around and nodded sharply giving him no sign’s of friendliness.
He stared back with the same expression until he broke out into a sudden boyish grin that made my heartbeat stutter.

“Well you’re in luck cause I have that class now too, I’ll show you the way.” he winked walking the other way and beckoning for me to follow.

“Oh well the good times just keep on coming huh.” I commented keeping my distance.

We walked in silence for a few minutes. I stared at the floor as I walked refusing to let my eye’s land on any part of his muscular figure. I looked every where but him, the walls, my shoes, the black paint on my fingernails.

“You know you still haven’t answered my question.” he called back glancing over his right shoulder at me.

I scowled again.

“Maybe I didn’t answer because I don’t want to.”

He shrugged uncaringly.

“I don’t care.”

“If you don’t care then why did you keep pressing me for an answer then?” I smirked knowing what his face would be like.

“Maybe I did that because I like annoying you.” he said turning around to face me, he continued walking backward leading us to the gym. Although it had been such a long walk I was starting to wonder if we really were going there at all.

“You know your going to trip and fall over something, and when you do all I’ll do is point and laugh.” I said smiling at the thought.

He shrugged again making my hand’s start trembling again, he new how to press my buttons. If you want to have a conversation talk to me, don’t just stand there and shrug like an imbecile.

“Your hands shake when your angry.” he commented easily swerving the trash can I was hoping he would knock over.

“Again I refer back to the whole stalker thing.” I replied clenching and unclenching my hands again.

“You get angry very easily too,” he mused looking me up and down thoughtfully, “that could be your downfall you know.”

“What d’you mean ‘my downfall’?” I asked suddenly feeling slightly shaky, did he know I was here incognito?

“Well if you hit someone - like I’m sure you have - ,” he started, “someone much bigger than you one day I bet their not going to take into account the fact that you’re a girl and your skinny enough to snap under the hand’s of a guy like me.”

“You mean they’ll hit me back?” I replied.

“Exactly.”

“Wow, thank you for that valuable piece of information. You know I would never have worked that one out for myself.” I gawked, slapping a hand to my forehead in fake realisation. His face darkened at my reply and I could see revenge in his eyes.

“I know you wanna hit me now.” he continued.

“You seem to know a lot about me.”

“Like you could even get one hit in.” he smiled condescendingly down at me.

“You wanna go at it brown bear?” I glared. He smirked calmly putting his hands into his jean’s pockets.

“Well you know I would love to wrestle with you, really I would, but right now you have a P.E class to get to.” he answered reaching out to grab my wrist and shoving me roughly through the double door’s we had been arguing beside.

As soon as I was through the door’s every face in the hall turned to stare at me. I heard slight laughter could from behind me and a glanced back to glare.

“Get your arse in here.” I growled.

“Sorry toot’s I’m skipping this period but have fun in detention.” he winked letting the door swing to and fro as I caught glimpses of his laughing figure wandering off.

“Miss Ferrari!” a gruffly feminine voice yelled. I turned to face it, a small woman with insanely curly hair and a red face stood only inches from me.

“Your late.” she said. My mouth itched to say something like, “No shit Sherlock” or “Thanks’ captain obvious.” but I held my tongue. As she spoke I realised she was wearing no bra, she didn’t have much but it was enough to put into a bra and I cringed mentally feeling shiver’s go up my spine.

“Detention.” she smiled before handing me a pack of ugly gym short’s and an oversized green school top. She ordered me off in the direction of the changing rooms and turned back to her class.

Following her instruction’s I fumed the whole way there.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT! >:(