Baby, You Belong With Me

Why Don't You Break My Heart?

Rhiannon stood on the front porch, her arms wrapped tightly around Brian's torso not wanting to let him go. It seemed as though every time she did he'd be gone longer.
"Call me," She said, barely above a whisper. "Everyday, Brian." She knew he wouldn't.
He nodded kissing her lips gently.
"I love you," She said, burying her face in her favorite part of his chest.
"I love you too, babe." Her rubbed her back comfortingly.

This scene was all too familiar. It seemed as though everyday her heart would sink into her stomach as she watched Brian drive away. And every time her heart would break just a little bit more, but she would never let Brian see her cry. She would always wait until he was gone before shedding any tears. He would never know just how much she was hurting inside.

"I better go. Take care Rhi," Brian said, a weak smile on his face. He gave her one last kiss pulling her face into his. She said nothing else as they pulled apart. She simply watched as he walked off, her heart threatening to break, her eyes welling up with tears.

As he drove off, she sat herself on the porch slipping out a pack of Marlboros from her back pocket. She sighed, lighting one and inhaling the cancerous smoke, her tears finally falling. She wished Brian could just be here to hold her.

The loud ringing of the house phone tore through the silence. Rhiannon quickly picked up hoping it was Brian, she hadn't heard from him. Instead, she heard Kyle's voice.
"Aye Rhi," He said cheerfully, she smiled.
"Hey Kyle."
"How are you today, love?"
"I'm OK I guess. Brian left yesterday... again."
"Oh, I'm sorry," He said apologetically. Rhiannon felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She tried to speak, but nothing came out.
"Rhi? You there?" She nodded as if he could see her. "Don't be upset baby girl." She took a deep breath trying to control her breathing hoping it would allow her to speak.
"I- I'm here." She finally said.
"Listen I'm going to the gym in a little bit, want to come along? It'll be a good distraction." She hadn't worked out in weeks. She knew it was a good idea, but all she felt like doing was moping around the house sulking, wishing Brian would just come home.
"All right," She agreed.
"Great I'll pick you up in about 20 minutes." And with that he hung up.

She let out a long sigh willing away her tears. She really did miss having Brian around. He never wanted to go to the gym with her, even though she'd asked him countless times, but she loved him none the less.

She was glad to have Kyle though. He was her best friend. They'd known each other for years and he'd helped her through so much. The thought of how sweet he was to her made her smile. Brian never really liked Kyle. He'd always say he didn't like the way Kyle looked at her or how he made her laugh. But she always put it off as jealousy.

Brian wasn't as sweet as Kyle or any of her former boyfriends, for that matter, but there was something about him , something that made her heart melt but right now it was making her heart break into hundred of tiny pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I finally updated.There will be more of Brian and Kyle soon =]