Redeem

Chapter C ( conclusion)

I lay on the bed thinking of her. I sighed and walked over to the mini bar. I opened the fridge and took out some bottle of obscure beer. As I came to the end knocking the last of it back, I saw something written on the bottom of the bottle. " Look in the fridge again" I slowly got up and carefully walked to the fridge. As I opened it I noticed there were no longer the many bottles of beer but a single envelope unmarked on the outside. I tore it open and began to read.

"Dear sweetheart"
You have ruined many lives in your aimless quest.
I do not approve of this and it was wrong to try and find me.
Love Joan

The blood flushed from my face and I stared at the paper for what seemed like decades. I lowered the paper form my face, It was suddenly dark, I was back on the bus. I was standing near the driver seat. I looked over expecting to find it empty but there was someone there. It was Joan! I looked for the emergency exit but it was gone. Joan sat with the same solemn expression on her face as she had on that fateful day. I heard the load band as the bus collided with the office building. I clutched the letter which I was still holding to my chest and then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done and done