Welcome to the Dark Carnival

The Beginning of the end

A home loomed before me. My tattered faded green pants ruffled in the gentle breeze while I pulled my beaten red sweatshirt closer to me. A crimson bag hung across my shoulders and padded against my legs as I approached the building. A friend of mine told me that a record label here, but from what I could see, it just looked like someone's home. I knocked on the door and was greeted by the sound of a dog barking and footsteps approaching the door. The door creaked open and I took a deep breath, trying to muster up some courage, and silently hoping my appearance wouldn't make them turn me away. Soon a man with clown makeup stood before me. "Can I help you?" he asked. I nervously shifted from foot to foot, trying not to look at the clown. "Uh yeah…I'm hear for the internship" I said. The clown raised a painted eyebrow before smiling. "Sure, come in" he said, turning around and walking away. My fear just grew more as I slowly walked in. I had never really liked clowns and being face to face with one, especially one as wicked looking as him made my fear worse.

"Just take a seat here and I'll go grab Rob and Alex" said the clown. Not knowing what to do, I just nodded and sat down in the chair. Suddenly a dog came bounding over to me and looked up at me. Smiling down at the dog, I started scratching behind it's ears. "I'm sorry about Hooch here" said a voice. Looking up, I cringed as I saw another wicked clown before me. "What?" he asked, catching the look on my face. "N-nothing" I muttered. The clown before me seemed to smirk and walked over to me. "J leave the girl alone" said Rob as he patted the guy now known as J on the back and smiled at me. "You must be the girl Shaggy here told us about" he said. The two men beside him smiled at me. "Who's Shaggy?" I asked quietly, growing more and more nervous being in the same room as the two clowns. "I am. I'm the guy who let you in" said Shaggy. I nodded slightly and Rob chuckled. "What are these two scaring you?" he asked me. That made me laugh a bit and I smiled. "I never was good with clowns and having two wicked looking ones certainly aren't helping" I said playfully before slipping back into my shy and quiet demeanor as the two clowns laughed.

"I'm Alex Abbiss" said Alex as he shook my hand. "Nice to meet you" I said. "So you're here for the internship?" he asked me. I nodded and at that moment, I felt sorrow well up in my heart. 'I'm so terribly dressed, they aren't going to really hire me' I thought in shame. "Why are you sad?" asked J as he came to stand beside me. "Look at me, I'm a mess. I have no money to buy better clothes, my home life is hell, I live in poverty" I said. Shaggy just chuckled as did the others. "All the more reason to hire you" said Alex. I picked my head up and stared at them in shock. "Are you serious?!" I said, not believing it. "You get the job. I mean you know better than anyone what the value of a work ethic is" said J. I smiled and hugged J, causing him to laugh. "Wow first you're afraid of me now you're hugging me" he said. I cringed as I looked as his face. "Once the makeup comes off I'll be fine" I whispers. "Why are you so afraid of clowns?" asked Shaggy. Thinking back to the past made me shudder. "I had a bad experience" I stated. Just being around Shaggy and J made me uncomfortable. Rob and Alex saw that before Alex ushered me out of the room. "Here, if you want you can go take a shower and get comfortable. You look like you're frozen. Don't worry, I'll send Rob to bring you back here" said Alex with a smile. I smiled a bit and nodded. "Where are we?" I asked. "My mom's basement. I'm sure she won't mind if you take a shower" said Alex as he took me to the bathroom.

Taking the towels from his hand, I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. The shower was warm and relaxing. Never in my life had I felt so relieved before. After the shower, I heard knocking on the door. "I have some clothes for you" said Rob from behind the door. I smiled and unlocked the door, standing back as he handed me clothes. "Thanks Rob" I said as I pulled the clothes on. "So Hannah, how old are you?" asked Rob as I opened the door. "I'm 20, I'll be 21 on March 13" I said to him. "Cool so you're my brother's age, just a month older" Rob said with a grin. "Oh really now? Remind me to bust on him for that" I said, smiling with a chuckle. We made it back to the group and I suppressed a shudder at Shaggy and J. "So what's my job?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest and avoiding looking at Shaggy and J. "For the time being, you'll just have to organize the area and help promote us" said J. I nodded and sat cross legged on a chair. "Anything else?" I asked Rob and Alex.

"Well, not at the moment but we will let you know when more things become open" said Rob. "Thanks" I said before noticing the time. Jumping up, I grabbed my clothes and shoved them into my bag. "Something up?" asked Shaggy. "I need to get home" I said rather panicked and took off without another word. My frantic footsteps thundered down the street as I tried to run home. I had to make it home before my mother came home as I had promised to make ramen for her after she came home from her shift at the local grocery store that paid little money. Once I stormed through the door, I had to jump over random objects littering the floor just to get to the kitchen. I slid across the floor and hurriedly put a cup of noodles into the microwave for my mom. "I'm home" she said tiredly as she walked into the house. "Hey mom" I said cheerfully. "You seem to be in a good mood" said my mom as she sat down. "Yeah because I got a job at a new record label!" I said. My mother's eyes widened as she jumped up to hug me. "Honey that's great!" she said. "I know, I'm starting work tomorrow" I said. I could hardly wait to work with them…except I didn't want to see the dreaded clown makeup again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah new story and this one's for my wicked clowns! Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe. Much wicked clown love to all Juggalos, Juggalettes and the Wicked Clowns themselves, Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope! :D