Welcome to the Dark Carnival

After Her Disappearance

After Hannah's back retreated down the street, I sighed and went back inside to the others. "Where's Hannah?" asked Shaggy. "She's gone" I said, sitting with my head in my hands. "What do you mean she's gone?" asked Monoxide. "She ran off" I said. Jamie glared at me and in that moment I feared for my life. "What did you do to her?!" he snapped. Shaggy glared at me while Monoxide tried to keep his calm. "I…snapped at her" I said. After that, all I felt was the force of a fist being jabbed in my face and the weight of my body hitting the floor. "Madrox!" exclaimed Monoxide as I saw Jamie run out of McDonald's. Shaggy picked me up and we left to find Madrox. "He went after her" said Monoxide. 'I'm such a fucking idiot'. "I'm going back to the studio, maybe she's there" said Shaggy. "I'm bringing J with me" he said as we headed back.

"Good goin J" snapped Shaggy. I just rested my head on the car window as he sped down the streets. "You couldn't just have spoke normally, could you? Now Hannah's out there" Shaggy continued to snap at me. "You don't think I know I screwed up?! Fuck everyone screws up at least once!" I snarled. "Yeah but you fucked up BIG time J" said Shaggy. I sighed and when Shaggy pulled into Alex's driveway, I got out and opened the door. Rushing in, I didn't see any sign of her being here. "JOE!" yelled Shaggy. I rushed over and saw a paper in his hands. Reading the poem, I stood in shock, my eyes watering. "You don't think she…" I said, trailing off. "I can only pray she didn't" said Shaggy. I rushed to the phone and quickly called the cops, as much as I hated them. 'This is my fault, I can't believe I fucked up this badly' I thought as I quickly told them what happened. Shaggy stood where he was, paralyzed by Hannah's poem. His concern, fear, and sorrow was as clear as day on his face.

Moments passed after I hung up the phone when Rob came in. He was worried and angry at the same time. "Joseph Bruce! What the hell did you do?!" he said, grabbing my arm. "I fucked up, but I'm trying to make it right" I said. My brother didn't believe me, still looking like he wanted to rip my head off on the spot. "We have to go out to find her" said Shaggy as he pocketed the poem and ran to the car. Rob and I followed, praying with all our hearts that Hannah was safe. Not only was she gone, but now Monoxide and Madrox were out looking for her, and I can only imagine how furious Madrox was. I knew in my heart that I had to make this up to Hannah, no matter what it took. If I hadn't been so sure that I needed to push her away, this wouldn't have happened. 'I was so scared that I'd get so attached that I'd never be able to stop these feelings, that I pushed her away, tried to push her to Jamie. I'm a fool…' I thought as we continued to look for her.

Hours had passed and no such luck. We couldn't find her, everyone was still mad at me, the cops had given up after awhile. 'Stupid Pigs, I knew they'd give up. Heaven forbid they help a scrubbie' I thought bitterly. As worried as we all were, there was something in my heart telling me that Hannah was just fine. 'Please, let her be safe. I never meant to hurt her so bad. I want to make it up to her' I thought. When we got back to Alex's, I saw him standing with Monoxide and Madrox. All three of them looked furious and as soon as I got out of the car, Madrox punched me once more. "You fucker! I can't believe you did this to her!" he bellowed as he proceeded to punch me again. The punches kept coming until Rob stepped in. "Look, James, I know he fucked up but this is my brother you are hurting" he said as calmly as he could. Jamie took a deep breath and looked at Rob. "Sorry man" he said before looking at the poem Shaggy had handed him. Silence fell over us and then another punch was delivered. "She better come back safe…for your sake" said Madrox as he walked inside. That night was the most painful night of sleep I had ever gotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
MMFWCL! Thanks for reading, please comment and subscribe