Welcome to the Dark Carnival

Welcome To The Show!

"Hannah get your ass in the fucking car!" I yelled. "Hey Paul, shut the hell up!" she yelled back as she ran to the car. We were currently running about 20 minutes late and Jamie and I were on edge. "seriously, you women take forever" said Jamie as he pulled out of the driveway. Hannah narrowed her eyes at him and I saw the battle that was about to ensue. "Hey Jamie, how about you shut up and just drive?" I suggested. He looked at me and then turned back to the road. "What took you so long?" I asked her. "J and Rob were giving me a speech about avoiding creepy looking guys. However they failed to mention that I'd have to be stuck in a car with two of them" Hannah said, grinning. "Aw I thought you loved us" said Jamie as he made a turn.

"Oh I do. Actually, I love Paul, not you" she said, sticking her tongue out. I laughed and lit up a cigarette. "Shit, I'm almost out" I muttered. Just then Hannah shoved a pack of Newports in my face. "They were my moms. I figured you'd want them more than me" she said. "Thank you so much" I said, smiling at her. Hannah smiled back and just as she sat back again, Jamie pulled up to the venue. "We're here!" he yelled as we got out of the car as quickly as possible. Not waiting for Hannah to start walking, Jamie picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, all the while running. "Shit Jamie! Give me a warning next time!" she said as I ran after them. "No time to!" I explained as we got inside. Once inside, Jamie literally dropped her and ran. "You'll be ok right?" I asked hurriedly. "Yeah. Just go" she said, shoving me in Jamie's direction.

'Chill dude, she'll be fine. She's not a child anymore' I thought. Looking at the stage, I saw one of our opening acts, James Lowery performing. He was actually an impressive rapper…minus the lisp. After awhile you grew accustomed to it and it would've sounded weird hearing him rap without the lisp. "Hey Paul" came a voice from behind me. I turned to find Chris standing there. "Oh hey what's up man?" I asked. "Nothing really. Stoked to perform?" he asked. "Yeah of course" I said, grinning. "Anyone come with you?" asked Chris. "Yeah a friend of ours. Actually, say Chris, you are done with your set right?" I asked. "Yeah what's up? What do you need?" he asked. "Can you go find our friend for me and bring her up to the front if she isn't already? You can't miss her, she's pretty much decked out in pink and black from head to toe" I said. "Sure thing man" he said as he walked off.

Shortly after our conversation James got off the stage. "That was awesome man" I said, congratulating him. "Thanks" he said. I smiled at him and watched him walk away before Jamie motioned for me to walk onstage. Once out there, we heard the crowds cheering and I looked to find Hannah and Chris both in the front, talking animatedly. 'She knows him' I thought with a smile. Once we began to rap, her conversation was cut short and she watched us with interest. Having Hannah there to cheer us on made us perform even better, or at least that's what I think. Jamie kept making glances towards her and she would just smile before laughing when I made a face. It was great to see her having the time of her life, especially after everything.

Our show ended and we got off the stage to find Chris and Hannah. It didn't take long because they were waiting at the entrance. "Hey guys! You were great!" she said, smiling. "we're glad you enjoyed it. So you've met Chris?" I asked. She nodded before elaborating. "He helped me the day I ran away" she said. Jamie just glared in jealousy at Chris, who had his arm around Hannah's shoulders. "Well thanks man. She had us all worried sick about her. I'm glad she ran into you Rouleau" I said, lighting up a cigarette before shaking his hand. "It's not a problem but you should really keep an eye on her. She's a great girl, it'd be a shame if something bad happened to her" said Chris. We spoke for a little bit before heading out. Hannah walked beside me while Jamie was about 20 feet from us. "I'm glad you were with him" I said. "Worried?" teased Hannah.

"Hey if something bad happened to you, J'd have my head, and I'm talking about both ones here" I said. Hannah laughed and gave me a hug. "You guys are too overprotective" she said after letting me go. "We swore nothing would happen to you, we meant it" I said, smiling. A moment of silence passed before her stomach growled. "Come on kiddo, we'll get you food" I said. "Hey I seem to recall I'm older than you!" she said. "yeah by one year" I responded as she lightly smacked the top of my head. We were becoming like brother and sister, something that put Jamie's mind at ease. 'Probably because I don't see her in the same light he sees her…or J sees her. I know he likes her, but of course J's going to be a pain in the ass and not tell her' I thought, letting out a sigh. "Something wrong?" asked Hannah. "Nah, let's go" I said. 'Damn it J, you better tell her otherwise you're going to lose her'
♠ ♠ ♠
MMFWCL! Thanks for reading, please comment and subscribe