Welcome to the Dark Carnival

Never Had It Made

Next I knew I was being yanked off of my J pillow and hit the floor. "What the fuck!" I snapped, jumping up to find two men looking at me. "Yo Madrox, Monoxide what's up?" said Shaggy as he approached the two men before me. "I see you met Hannah" he said, not catching my furious glare. "Yeah we did. So is this fine lady J's girl?" asked who I assumed to be Monoxide. "No Monoxide, she isn't mine" mumbled J as he woke up. "Oh really then? Can I have her?" asked Madrox. "Will you all quite talking about me like I'm not here?" I snapped before heading to the bathroom. Despite how I felt, the sun was shining and I felt betrayed by such cheery weather when just yesterday the only person who had cared about me in my life was ripped away from me. 'She wouldn't want me to be like this' I thought as I washed my face.

"Hannah, are you alright?" asked Shaggy as he opened the door. He saw me sitting on the sink, my head hung with my hair falling down around my face, shielding my tears from his view. "Hannah, Jamie and Monoxide didn't mean to be mean" he said, not really catching my tears. "Shaggy, can I please be alone for a bit?" I asked quietly. Shaggy, taken aback by my response, just nodded and left the room. 'How am I supposed to go on like this? It's my birthday yet…I can't be happy. It's not the same without you here mom' I thought as I headed out of the bathroom. "Hannah?" asked Rob as he looked at me. "I'm ok…really I am" I muttered. Rob didn't look convinced and led me outside. "Look, if you want someone to talk to, I can bring you to my mom. Maybe she can help you. I can see your mother's death is affecting you, big time. None of us know how to help you, and Monoxide and Madrox can't be of help as they don't know you. Just know that we are a family and we take care of each other" Rob said as he opened his car.

I got in and Rob drove me to his house. "Let me go get her" he said as he went inside. Moments later he came out with his mother. "Hannah, it's ok. My mom doesn't bite" said Rob, smiling at me. I just kept my head down and approached her. "Hello I'm Hannah" I said quietly. "Are you Rob's girlfriend?" asked his mom. I shook my head with a minute smile. "No, nor am I J's girlfriend. I just…work for them at the record label" I said. "Oh, so you're that girl I've been hearing so much of from both of my sons" said Rob's mom, who was smiling at me. "What should I call you ma'am?" I asked. "Just call me Mrs. Bruce dear" she said, leading me inside. Once there she sat me down and sat beside me. "Hannah, your mother died last night, didn't she?" asked Mrs. Bruce. "Yes, I'm sure you heard the news? She was murdered by my own father" I said, trying to hold back my tears.

"Now dear, it's alright to cry. I know it hurts that you have to celebrate your birthday alone, but you may have lost one family, and gained a new one" she said to me, holding me as my tears fell quicker. "What do you mean?" I said, sniffling. "Look at the ones you work with. They won't let you down" said Mrs. Bruce as she wiped my tears. "Rob told me you have a distaste for clowns" she said. "Yes, I do. Did he tell you the story?" I asked. "Yes, he did I'm afraid. I hope you don't mind" said Mrs. Bruce. "No, it's quite alright. Thank you for listening to me Mrs. Bruce. It was a pleasure meeting you, though I wish it was under better circumstances" I said, smiling a bit. "Your mother raised you to be a very bright and strong individual" she said before sending me outside. "I don't think J will be very happy to know I kept you from work for too long" said Mrs. Bruce.

I waved goodbye to her, my smile slowly growing on my face. Something in Mrs. Bruce's words had touched me. It was as is my mother was speaking through her, telling me not to burden myself with her death. I wasn't as alone as I seemed to be. That my newfound friends will be beside me. Looking up at the clear sky, I almost swore I saw my mom smiling back at me. "Hannah?" asked Rob, snapping me out of my daydream. "Oh sorry, let's head back" I said before getting in the car with him. We headed back and I had to stop myself from laughing too hard as the two guys I met earlier, Monoxide and Madrox, were chasing J and Shaggy. "What are you guys doing?" I asked, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "Wow you're back" said Shaggy as he approached me. I shuddered a tiny bit at his makeup, but otherwise didn't flinch.

"Did you…just not shudder at my approach?" asked a shocked Shaggy. "I guess, I'm beginning to get used to the makeup" I said. Suddenly I was picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder, giving me a nice view of their ass. "Madrox will you let her go?" asked Alex, laughing at the situation. "No way man, I like her like this" said Jamie before I kicked his stomach, causing him to drop me. "Why do I get the feeling that if I even try to be sad today, you're going to annoy me until I smile and cheer up, right?" I asked, looking at everyone. "Holy hell she's psychic!" said Monoxide, almost dropping his cigarette. "No, it's just written as plain as day on your faces. I can see you're concerned but really, I'm ok" I said, not really believing it myself. Then Alex's mom came outside with a birthday cake. It had thirteen candles and two wicked clowns on it with the Carnival of Carnage logo next to it. "It's devil's food cake" said Madrox who came to stand behind me.

"We made it while you were out" said Monoxide while J, Shaggy, and Alex looked around sheepishly. "Aw thanks guys. Thank you Mrs. Abyss. "Don't thank me dear, the boys did all the work" she said, making the boys all look away from me. I could've sworn J and Shaggs were blushing, but it could've been my imagination as they had their makeup on. "Well then, it must've been poisoned" I said, playfully poking my cake. "Why would we do that?" asked Shaggy. "Because I'm a terrible intern" I said. "No way. You are a fine intern, and I mean fine" said Madrox who had taken the liberty to check out my ass. "Don't touch me" I hissed before smacking his hand as it drew nearer to my ass. Calming down, I tried to smile as I walked over to my cake to blow out the candles. "Make a wish" said Rob. 'Make a wish huh? Well, I would wish to see my mother again, but that can't happen. So I guess that I wish for…' I thought as I blew out my candles.

"What did you wish for?" asked J as he leaned against the house. "If I told you, it wouldn't come true now would it?" I asked with a grin before heading inside. "Where are you going?" asked Alex. "I have to work, remember?" I asked as they all followed me inside. "But it's your birthday!" whined Madrox as he jumped onto the couch. "And?" I said as I moved boxes, sorted the merch, and then rearranged the sound booth systems. As I continued to work, I felt arms around my waist, dragging me out of the recording rooms. "No work for you" said Shaggy as he smirked at me. I groaned and smacked my head, it was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo Twiztid makes their appearance! Thanks for reading, please comment and subscribe. MMFWCL