Welcome to the Dark Carnival

The Carnival's In Town

Opening my eyes, I saw that no one was around me. I got up and saw a note on the table. 'Hannah,we went out for a bit. Feel free to take a shower. Oh Madrox is still at the house, so you won't be by yourself ok?. Much clown love, J and Shaggs' I read. Smiling to myself and feeling better after a good nights sleep, I went up to the bathroom. Seeing the door was closed, I knocked on it, laughing when I heard someone fall. When the door opened, I saw a very disheveled Madrox staring at me. "Rough night?" I asked. "Hung over" he grumbled and headed off to the couch. I shook my head and went in so I could shower. After getting out of the shower, I put on a black top that was cut off the left shoulder, leaving it to only cover my right and it exposed my midriff. Then I put on a pair of tattered green cargo pants with my shoes. Combing my hair, I heard a knock at the door. "Come in" I said as I put on my eyeliner. Madrox opened the door and leaned against the frame.

"What's up Jamie?" I asked him. "I'm bored" he said, before yawning. Raising an eyebrow at him, I realized he was like a kid. "Sounds like a personal problem" I said, teasing him. His eyes widened and he grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder. "I'll show you a personal problem" he said. The situation struck me as funny, which caused me to laugh. Jamie paused for a moment, staring at me. "What?" I asked him. "Your laughing" he said. "Should I not be?" I asked once he put me down. "After last night..." Madrox started, trailing off. Shaking my head, I sat down on the couch. "I actually feel better after telling you guys those things. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders" I said, smiling. Jamie jumped onto the couch next to me with a goofy grin on his face. "So...everything's ok?" he asked. "As ok as it can be. I mean I still do miss my mom, but last night made me realize that I do have friends beside me that know what I've been through and will look out for me" I said. Madrox gave me this really evil grin before he started to tickle me.

My laughter echoed throughout the room and so were my cries for him to stop. Madrox didn't stop, instead he sat back down on the couch and then pulled me onto his lap, before beginning to tickle me once more. My laughter was so loud, that we didn't hear the door open and the sound of footsteps drawing closer. It wasn't until the guys were in the room that we stopped. "You...were laughing" said Monoxide. Madrox just laughed and I saw J looking at Jamie and I. His expression was calm, but in his eyes I saw anger and jealousy. 'Jealousy? Yeah right, this guy was almost close to hating me like two days ago' I thought. Shaggs ran over and jumped next to us, smiling at me. "You aren't in your makeup" I noted. "Couldn't very well wear it to the store now could we?" said Shaggy with a grin. J sat down in a chair while Rob said he had to leave. I got up and hugged him goodbye before heading back into the studio. "Yo Midget! There isn't anythin to do in there!" yelled Madrox. I walked back out and looked at him. "What did you call me?" I asked.

"I called you a midget" he said, grinning. "Shut up Fat boy! Otherwise no more junk food for you" I said. Shaggy, Monoxide, J, and Alex watched the friendly banter between us. "Since when have you joked around with us?" asked Alex, who was quite confused at my behavior. "Since I felt comfortable around you" I said as I sat down on the floor. "So when's the show?" I asked. "Tonight" said J. "Oh crap really?" I asked, jumping up. "Yeah it's in about 2 hours, so you might want to get ready" said Shaggy. "You lazy ass bum! You slept most of the day!" said Monoxide. I just flipped him off before rushing to the bathroom. "I bet you she'll take forever" said Shaggy. "Oh and paint your face!" J called out to me.

The outfit I had changed into was a corset top and a thigh length skirt that was the color black and red. The corset top was half black and half red, with the skirt being reversed. I put on my black and red converse before painting my face with the make up that was on the sink. My eyes were covered in black with two little spikes pointing out at the top before coming down in another spike, kind of like an altered 'The Crow' makeup. I painted a broad smile on the bottom of my face with a black dot on my nose. I was now staring at myself in the mirror, only it wasn't me looking back, it was a wicked clown. When I walked outside, the guys just stopped and smiled at me. Shaggy and J had their makeup on already and Madrox and Monoxide were going to join me when I headed to the show. "Damn girl, you look like a sexier version of Harley Quinn!" said Monoxide as he took a drag of his cigarette.

I chuckled nervously and then we headed out to the car. "Your outfit is inspired by Harley Quinn, wasn't it?" asked Madrox. "Yeah, I always loved her and the Joker" I said, smiling. Even though I was reluctant to join the band of Clowns, I couldn't help but feel loved with this group. "Get in the car!" said Shaggy. I shook my head and got into the car with Monoxide and Madrox. As the drive started, I sat back and watched Jamie and Monoxide hit each other, Shaggy and J chat, and then we soon got to the venue. Monoxide walked beside me as the trio walked about 5 feet in front of us. "You ok? You were awfully quite in the car" he asked, pulling out another cigarette. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just wondering" I said, reverting back to my shy nature. "Of?" he asked. "whether or not people here would like me" I said.

"You'll never know if you don't go in there" he said as we walked inside. Despite only having one album out, it seemed like Shaggy and J had quite a fan base. There were many clown faces in the crowd which brought a smile to my face. 'They are going to go far with a crowd like this' I thought before Monoxide pulled me up to the front. "Come on. I'm sure J and Shaggs would like to keep an eye on you" he said. "You make it sound like I'm a little kid" I said, trying to keep from laughing. "Maybe you are" said Monoxide with a teasing grin. I flipped him off before the sounds of the track 'Carnival of Carnage' started playing. When J and Shaggy came out, I saw them beam when the crowd cheered for them.

They performed with such energy, that I couldn't even begin to describe. They interacted off the crowd, fed off them, and off each other. Shaggy started to throw Faygo into the crowd, making the crowd cheer louder. J caught my eye, causing me to smile at him. He grinned back and threw me a full bottle of Faygo. I grinned back and took a sip before turning around and chucking it over the crowd. Shaggy jumped down and grabbed me, pulling me up with them. "To all you new and old Juggalos and Lette's out there, this here is our new intern and friend. So please give a warm 'Whoop Whoop' to our dear little Harlequin!" said J, calling me by a clown name. The crowd responded well to me and I saw Shaggs hand me the mic. "You know the words to 'The Juggla' right?" he asked, grinning. "Yeah...why?" I asked him. Then it dawned on me. "You guys don't mind her taking over for me do you? This girl has some serious skills" said J. The crowd cheered once more and I turned to them. "Go for it" said J as he grabbed some Faygo and Shaggy grabbed his mic.

I grabbed the mic, nodding and taking a deep breath. Hearing the track start up, I grinned and started to rap along with the beat. Watching J and Shaggy chuck Fagyo into the crowd, I tried not to laugh. The crowd was reacting nicely to me rapping. Then I saw J come over and take the mic, handing me Faygo. I knew what he wanted me to do, so I chucked it into the crowd before grabbing more and started to juggle. As I juggled the bottles, I saw Monoxide and Madrox smiling up at me. I finished and jumped back down, getting congradualations from the crowd.

A few hours later the show ended. J and Shaggy smiled at me before enveloping me in a group hug. "you were amazing" said J. "Thank you...but please, don't make go up on stage anymore" I said. "Ok, if you don't want to, you don't have to" said Shaggy. We walked back to the car and J kept his arm around my shoulders. I wasn't complaining though, it actually felt nice. J and Madrox sat on either side of me in the back of the car while Shaggy and Monoxide sat up front. I yawned and rested my head on J's shoulder, not catching the jealous glare Madrox sent J. J, in response, wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and closed my eyes, slowly falling into a peaceful sleep. It seems that ever since I met these guys, I've been sleeping more peacefully then ever before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe. MMFWCL to all the lo's and lette's!