Tell Your Heart to Wait a Little Longer

Bring Our Hearts Back Home

She looked down at the notebook on her bed. This was the fifth night she couldn’t sleep. After high school was over, Jamie and Mark continued to see each other. Something wasn’t the same though; all she could ever think about was Derek and the look on his face when she chose Mark over him.

She regretted making that decision every day of her life, but what was she supposed to do? Derek was there all through elementary school, middle school, and freshman year. She needed a new fish in the sea to look at, and Mark was that new fish.

She rolled over onto her back and stared at her ceiling, wondering what Derek was doing right now at this very moment.

She reached for her phone and opened a new text, debating whether she should send it or not. She clicked the delete button and threw her phone on her bed, grabbing her pen and putting it to the paper.

Sun sets and silhouette dreams are all you’ll ever be.
And I was early scared to death, by what you left in paragraphs.
Leaving me part of this scene.
Now I’m picking up what was left, and moving on from this death of you and me.
The broken glass of what we had, never was it this bad.
But now you walked away.

We weren’t all we were made to be.
But everyone didn’t see,
How much I tried, how much I cried,
How much I loved you.
But none of it matters now, because you’re gone.

Choking on tears, the silence is deafening.
I’ll fade away and you’ll have no where to stay.
Is this what you wanted?


She put the pen down in the binding of the notebook and got up from her bed. She got up from her bed, and got dressed, grabbing her keys on her way out of her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is the start of my new story.
Yes it is probably going to be a maday parade story
and if you don't know who they are
i strongly suggest you go check them out!!

that poem was one i actually wrote today because lifes been hell lately.
Anyway, comments and subscriptions would be nice.

love,
hannah