Tell Your Heart to Wait a Little Longer

The Rock Show

“Give it up for Jamie Skyes!” Jeremy said taking back over the talking again.
Derek put the mic back on the stand and returned back to Jamie’s side.

“I didn’t know you could sing like that,” He kinda half shouted, half whispered in her ear.
“Me neither!” She said amazed by herself, grinning ear to ear.

“Bet you guys didn’t know that they had a fight right before this,” Brooks said into one of the mics. Derek shot him a look, but he didn’t care. The crowd awed and some shouted for Derek to make up to Jamie.

“Yeah, they did,” Alex chimed in.
“And now look!” Brooks said gesturing to Derek, who had his arm around Jamie’s waist.
“Well,” Jeremy said taking a drink of water as the bass hung on his shoulders, “The plan worked boys. We get to party tonight!”

“Run around Wal-Mart you mean!” Jamie shouted at him.
“Yeah, sure, whatever,” he chuckled.
“Why don’t we give these love birds a second and you can watch us screw around on stage for a little while!” Alex offered and gave Derek a smile.

He took Jamie and walked off stage with her, standing just far enough out of ear shot range. His in-ears hung around his neck. Jamie leaned up against one of the guitar cases and Derek stood in front of her nervously.

“That was really amazing,” He spoke up.
“It was,” She smiled.
You were amazing.”
“So were you!”
“No, I mean really Jamie, you were amazing,” He said with a semi-serious tone.
“Thanks,” She blushed. The happiness faded and soon an awkward feeling took over the air.

“So,” She said sliding her feet on the ground.
“So,” He repeated. She brushed the hair out of her face and searched his eyes for anything.

“I-I’m sorry,” He stuttered. She looked up at him with eyes full of forgiveness.

“You have a show to finish,” She smiled, “We can talk about this later.”
“Feel free to come sing with us more,” He said before shoving his in-ears back in. Jamie just smiled contently as she watched Derek walk back out on stage.

“No babies were made, right?” Jeremy joked.
“No, not tonight,” Derek clarified.

They finished up their set and all of them, yes Jeremy, Jake, Alex, Brooks, and Derek, gave Jamie sweaty hugs when returning to the side of the stage.

“So are we partying tonight!?” Jake asked excitedly. Everyone just looked at him and shook their heads.

“I think that’s a hell yeah Jakey,” Jamie giggled as Derek laced their fingers together.