Tell Your Heart to Wait a Little Longer

Best Friends, Ex Friends Till The End

Jamie spent the next few days by herself in her house. It’s not that she was depressed, but she just wasn’t in the mood to do anything. Derek called whenever he got the chance, but the conversations weren’t very long. She was watching The Real World when her phone began playing her favorite song.

“Hello?” She said pressing the phone up against her ear.
“Hey,” He smiled.
“Hi Derek,” She giggled.
“Whatcha doin?”
“Watching The Real World,” She said laying down on the couch.
“Wish I was there.”
“Me too,” She sighed, leaning her head against the pillow.
“I’ll be with you soon,” He reminded.
“I know,” She smiled to herself, “I want to hear the new record already.”
“You and Emily will be the first to have a copy,” He promised.
“I’ll hold you to that Mr. Sanders,” She teased.

“Oh hey, do you remember Alex?” Derek asked.
“Alex who?”
“You best ex friend.”
“ALEX!!!” Jamie screamed so loud that Derek had to pull the phone away from his ear.

“Ow.”
“Well what about her!?” Jamie demanded.
“We were in the recording studio yesterday, and her cousin is the studio manger so she works here and I was talking about you to the guys and she said that she missed you.”

Derek took a breath, “And I thought that while we’re back in town, you and her can party for a little bit or have girl time or whatever it is you girls do.”

Jamie laughed, “Okay! Give her my number and we can talk later.”

“Alright,” Derek smiled.
“So when are you coming home?” Jamie asked a little impatient on waiting for him to be back.
“In a few hours,” Her heart rate increased.
“Really?” She said trying to hide the excitement in her voice.
“Yes,” He reassured.
“Well then you finish up and come home!”
“I will babe, just calm down,” He laughed on the other end, “I’ll see you when I get home.”
“Mmkay!”
I love you.”

Jamie smiled to herself, “I love you too.”

“Bye.”
“Bye,” She said and hung up the phone. She looked at the time on the clock and decided that eleven thirty would probably be a good time to go to bed. She picked herself up off the couch and climbed the stairs, changing into shorts and an old shirt before crawling into bed and closing her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
long time no update! :D
i've been writing more and more to my alex story, so im sorry for lack of updates.
i also lost my ideas for this story, so im starting clean.
this chapter is for my sister,
who begged and pleaded for me to write more.
i promise, another chapter soon :D