I'll Tell You My Story, If You Promise Not to Tell

School

I didn't sleep much on the hard bunkbed, more because my thoughts than anything.
I walked to the tall brick building, feeling differently than normal.
The day carried on normally. Then I came in to stay after.

"Hi, Jenna.." Mr. J said as usual, but quickly looked up again. "Jenna? Didn't someone come last night to...?"

I cut him off. "Yes, don't worry. They came and talked to my dad, then me, and by that time he was arrested for child abuse and neglect. They took me to a child's home for the night, just until they traced my mom or found me a temporary home."

"Where is the home you're at?"

I said the adress and he nodded.

"I'm kind of relieved now, since I can't be hurt by him anymore."

We talked for a while, then Mr. J asked why I came to school.

"I had the option, and I wanted to." I thought for a minute. "I actually almost forgot. Can I have my pictures and the note?"

He was already at his desk and shuffled through the bottom drawer. He pulled out a little bag and handed it to me.
I looked for my mom's note and pulled out the envelope. I pulled out the smooth silver cross and put it on.
I resealed the bag and put it in my purse. I took a note from my bag and read that my bus is now 36. Marissa usual one, so I'd see her on days I didn't stay after. I put it back and waited for the bell to ring.

I found my bus and sat alone for today. I leaned my head against the window and stared out into the wintery surroundings and saw that the dark rain clouds turn to white and let sun shine through, a little like my life, don't you think?
I thought of Bridge to Teribithia for some reason. Janice was abused. Since when did child abuse become normal? I sighed deeply, and sat thoughtless for the next few minutes until the bus pulled over. The end of my terror...I smiled and stepped off the yellow vehicle.

Note from loser in a sombrero: sequel will begin soon. sometime around 7/4/07-7/6/07