I'll Tell You My Story, If You Promise Not to Tell

Home Sweet Home.

Jenna tried to run, but it wasn't easy weighted down by all the textbooks.
She made it to her driveway. It didn't surprise her that dad was home again.

She walked in the door, already fearing what would come.

Dad appeared inthe doorway. "Well look who's finally ontime." he took a drink. coffee again. wow.

She chuckled nervously.

Surprisingly, didn't say much all day, didn't do anything.

"I'm going out. I be back later..." he said.

"ok..." she began to realize again, he was going to the bar.

thankfully, he didn't come back until much later.

Jenna's POV
`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I figure he won't be back until way later, so I watched TV, then went to bed. Sure enough, he came home, drunk and angry.

I remembered the night when I was six, and another night I didn't write about when I was nine.
He stumbled in. Damn growth spurts, i didnt fit under my bed or inthe closet. so I had no where to hide. I felt like a helpless six year old again.

He babbled on and on about things I did, even though I didn't actually do any of them.
He grabbed the closest thing, which was a spatula on the counter and repeatedly hit me in the head and back.
It hurt bt could have been way worse, I thought.

He grabbed a knife and sliced my arm again. "I know...yuh told sum one"

He wiped his face and walked out.

It astounds me that even though he's done this to me various times, my arm has never become infected. I went to the bathroom and took papertowels to clean my dripping forearm. I wrapped it, until it stopped bleeding.

I went in the bathroom, and wiped off the rest of the blood and rinsed it. Then I cleaned it with peroxide, its become practically a second nature. I looked at my arm, i felt blessed that this time it wasn't deep.

I guess tomorrow I'm wearing long sleeves.

THE NEXT DAY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke at about 6: 15 and got dressed. It was way too warm for long sleeves, so instead I wore an armwarmer on my right arm, to hide my soon-to-be scar.

I walked outside, squinting in the white hot sun. I got to school and walked inside. I wrote in the blue notebook what happened last night as soon as class started.
I handed the notebook to Mr. J.

My friend Marissa greeted me. "I haven't had achance to talk to you in days! Whats up?"

"Eh, not much..." I muttered. "You?"

"Same" She nodded.

"Cool" I acted like nothing happened, as always.